Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks a highly motivated team player to serve as Lead Counsel for German content matters. This role will focus on leading our NetzDG compliance program, and tackling intermediary liability and content regulation developments in Germany and across the EU. The ideal candidate will have a background in handling issues related to user-generated content and an understanding of NetzDG, including the criminal code provisions that fall within its scope. Days are fast-paced and action-packed, and we are looking for someone that is eager to roll up their sleeves and problem-solve on content-related matters of all kinds.
1. Guide and execute our NetzDG compliance program
2. Advise on sensitive and complex legal takedown requests
3. Lead on analyzing and complying with legal/legislative developments that affect our intermediary obligations in Germany and across the EU
4. Work closely with global teams across departments and offices, as well as an international network of outside counsel
5. Qualified to practice law in a European member state, preferably Germany. Ideally, at least 5 years experience after successful completion of 2nd State Exam in Germany (but will consider other/comparable experience), with significant experience advising on online content matters and/or intermediary liability
6. Law degree with strong academic record
7. Fluency in German and English
8. Experience with assessing legal, practical and business risks
Source : Facebook