Our client a leading Multinational Semiconductor company requires Lead/Senior Mixed-Signal Design Engineer for role in Limerick, Ireland.
You will be a key member of a team responsible for developing Digital and Analog-Mixed Signal solutions for our multi-phase mixed-signal DC-DC controller platform Development. As a digital/analog mixed signal design expert, you will lead the mixed signal definitions and execute or lead all aspects of digital development including RTL design, DFT, verification, synthesis, and assist in physical design. You will also help the system engineer to develop AMS solutions together with digital RTL to establish top down design flow. In this role, you will work closely with system architects, systems and firmware engineers, analog designers, test engineers, and other digital designers to deliver innovative solutions to our customer’s problems.
- Perform mixed signal definition to specify all the digital and analog interface functions and apply industry standard digital protocols for power conversion devices, mainly SVID and PMBus, to the mixed signal Switching Power Supply system.
- Perform digital design work across all aspects of the design flow from RTL to GDS
- Develop mixed signal verification strategy and flow
- Develop and supervise the development of digital/analog mixed-signal behavioral models (Verilog and Verilog-AMS models) to enhance the top-down design methodology
- Should have significant experience designing SOC solutions using embedded processors around industry standard bus architectures
- Demonstrated ability to write embedded software and Firmware is a plus
- Collaborate with system architects, Algorithm developers, and analog designers to define innovative digital functions
- Collaborate with test engineers to define and implement DFT to support production test
- Perform thorough verification planning and execute analog-mixed signal AMS verification with firmware
- Develop synthesis constraints and perform logic synthesis and supervise physical design including place and route
- Pursue efficient execution and first-pass success through a focus on design reuse
- Expert in RTL design using Verilog
- Expert in Modeling using Verilog-AMS or Verilog-A
- Experience with C Programming Languages. Familiar with embedded software development flow.
- Embedded Processor design experience, expert level a plus.
- Experience with coverage driven verification methodologies including UVM and AMS
- Ability to do all synthesis activities including constraint development, DFT insertion, synthesis, timing closure, and formal verification
- Experience with driving the entire physical design flow from floor planning to GDS
- Expert knowledge of the Cadence digital design tool suite
- Excellent communication skills and proficiency in writing technical documentation such as micro-architectures, verification plans, and design reviews
- Familiar with Switching Power Supply digital controller design
- Familiar with standard digital interface for power supplies including SVID (VR controller) and PMBus
- BS/MS in EE/EECS – 12 years+ with digital/analog mixed signal design experience across the entire flow
For further information please contact Micheal at Software Placements on 00353 1 5254642 or email firstname.lastname@example.org