Legal Advisor Regulated Environment
Our clients, a state body, are looking for an experienced Legal Advisor is to provide solution-focused and value added legal advice on a range of communication, regulatory and competition issues including the implementation and operation of the EU regime governing this sector which also identifies the options available.
- Provide clear, concise, practical and strategic legal advice to inform and guide the Body and its staff by identifying the key legal issues, the available options, and the associated legal risks;
- Review key documentation and identify legal weaknesses and/or necessary changes. Review documentation prepared by internal and external team members.
- Draft elements of public consultation documents, including regulatory impact assessments, decision instruments (in particular in relation to universal service aspects and consumer policy), draft legislation and compliance documents including notifications and opinions of non-compliance;
- Form a considered view as to whether any proposed regulatory measure is supported by the relevant facts and consistent with applicable law and whether the administrative process leading to the proposed measure was properly conducted;
- Prepare legal briefs for external lawyers, particularly in the context of litigation cases and managing the ongoing provision of external advice in a cost effective way;
- Provide analysis and input on any proposed National or EC legislation impacting Regulatory responsibilities;
- Manage litigation as required, both defence and prosecution, and assist with other substantive input for use in the litigation (affidavits, submissions, motion papers, etc.);
- Contribute to organisation-level legal and regulatory policy issues, including by participating in cross-Divisional advisor meetings led by General Counsel;
- A solicitor or barrister with 6 + years PQE
- Experience of working in top tier legal practice, or advising a sector-specific regulator or similar statutory body;
- Specific qualifications in or publications on public administrative law and/or competition law, and/or regulatory law;
- Knowledge or experience of telecoms/electronic communications, premium rate services and advisory experience in the sector and/or experience in other regulated sectors would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience of dealing with competing priorities and multi-tasking in a fast moving environment;
- Experience in drafting and/or reviewing all aspects of documents such as public consultation papers, regulatory decision instruments, or legislation;
- Litigation experience, particularly in the High Court or District Court (including for example litigation for/against the State or public bodies, statutory appeal regimes and judicial review);
- Experience of advising on EU, regulatory or competition law or on public administrative law as it pertains to the electronic communications sector desirable;
- Experience of advising on consumer policy and consumer legal aspects desirable.
For more information please call Keith on 01 4663983, or email your Cv to email@example.com