- 3 year day rate contract!
- Jan 2020 start date
- 2 x positions available - Intermediate & Senior (€350 - €500 per day)
A very rare opportunity has arisen for Linux Engineers to join a new team in a leading national government organization. A large infrastructure refresh is on the cards commencing in January, and a 3 year contract is on offer from day 1.
- Assist with the co-ordination of design and delivery of optimised infrastructure architecture and storage infrastructure to ensure delivery on the commitments outlined in the Digital Strategy
- Implement, maintain, support, develop and in some cases, design Linux based environments. (Red Hat Enterprise Linux Operating System).
- Build the server’s back-end architecture, including databases and scripts for specific applications and user needs
- Ensure the integrity of high availability network infrastructures to provide maximum performance for the users.
- Deploy virtualisation technologies, such as VMware or Hyper-V, or equivalent to deploy virtualization technology.
- Utilise Active Directory and storage/backup hardware and operating systems.
- Work with the soon-to-be-established Project Management Office to ensure the business has set out clear requirements and assist in mapping those into a design document to ensure that ongoing support of the environment is optimised.
- Adhere to a given set of constraints specified at the outset of the design process to ensure a consistent approach to quality.
- Maintain system security by noticing faults and vulnerabilities within the server’s architecture during deployment projects until they transition to production supported by the BAU team
Skills & Experience required:
- Assisting in the design and building of Linux Server-based environments.
- Integrating Linux Servers with VMware virtual environments.
- Optimising the performance of Linux Server-based architecture and a variety of storage infrastructures.
- Designing, integrating and maintaining complex Active Directory forests via group policies etc.
- Delivering cross platform solutions (Wintel & Linux Integrations)
- Applying best practices in monitoring/alerting, backup/restore, clustering, Disaster Recovery and database security.
- Monitoring a multi-location large (>500) server estate using enterprise tools to deliver usage and performance metrics to assist with capacity planning.
- Linux and/or VMware qualification is essential
Please click APPLY to be immediately considered and to find out more info on the role!