Linux Support Engineer L2 will be responsible for provisioning, operation, installation, configuration and maintenance of systems. Must have hand on expertise in Red Hat versions 4, 5, 6, 7 and Ubuntu 14 & 16.
- Provide technical support, guidance and hands-on delivery in the planning, implementation and ongoing operations.
- Manage Filesystems, User/Group administration, Service configuration, Patching and Package management.
- Maintain Firewall and Network configuration
- Perform Health checks as required
- Automating Tasks with Cron and Crontab files
- Investigate performance issues and provide technical expertise & problem resolution as required
- Third level IT qualification or related certification
- 5+ year’s hands-on experience with enterprise environment
- Excellent knowledge of Red Hat and Ubuntu
- Some exposure to HP UX
- Must have excellent communication and customer service skills
- Must be capable of multi-tasking in a high workload environment
Knowledge and experience of either Oracle &SQL Database Admin or Windows Server, Virtualisation, Storage or Backup (NetBackup, Commvault, EMC Networker)