Cpl are delighted to be partnering with a global industry leader who have chosen to establish a new R&D Centre of Excellence in Cork. The client is now seeking an experienced Linux Systems Engineer to assist in the initial rollout of Infrastructure in the new Cork Office & work as part of the EMEA Data Centre & Farm Team.
In this diverse and varied role, you will be assisting in the delivery of global projects, supporting datacenters, infrastructure and the global user base.
- Infrastructure SME driving the setup of the new Cork location.
- Work on Linux (& Windows) installations, maintenance, service and break-fix issues.
- Utilise Unix/Linux administration skills to resolve issues at Cadence sites globally.
- Member of the EMEA Datacentre and Farm Team. Understand and work with compute environment comprising of LDAP/NIS authentication, NetApp (but not only) storage, virtualized servers/desktops, compute farms, monitoring, LSF, licensing, firewalls, etc.
- Work with Farm Team to Identify and rectify issues in our server farm: monitoring, licenses, storage and LSF
- Will be required to work occasional unusual hours based on emergencies and maintenance needs.
- Support local R&D teams including global team providing cloud solutions to our customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years’ continued experience in IT role preferable within multinational
- Experience managing Linux systems in global environment
- Experience with virtualization (VMware) and cloud solutions (AWS)
- Experience with configuration management tools and application orchestration using Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- Experience with monitoring tools enterprise and/or open source
- Project management experience is highly desirable, plus the ability to drive and own initiatives is essential
- Datacentre support experience – FARM technology including DRM (LSF), storage, virtualisation.
- Understanding HPC cluster management highly regarded
What you will get in return:
- Opportunity to work within a highly dynamic and innovative environment
- Assist in the establishment of a global R&D Centre of Excellence
- Exposure to Next Generation Technology & Projects
- Extremely competitive Salary & Benefits Package
** Please Note Applicants must hold Irish/EU Citizenship or a Stamp 4 Visa at time of application ***
If you believe you have the above experience and are interested in hearing more, then reach out to Killian O’Callaghan @Cpl Cork on 021 4944867 for a confidential conversation.