The Litigation Claims Handler is responsible for the investigation, negotiation and resolution of litigation claims.
Reporting to the Litigation Team Leader they will get involved in the delivery of litigation team goals and collaborate in collective claims departmental objectives whilst managing a specific allocated claims portfolio of liability claims.
Typical responsibilities this role will entail includes:
- Proactive management of your portfolio of litigation claims.
- Arrange and attend liability, pre-trial and settlement consultations, where necessary.
- Attend Court to deal cases listed for hearing
- Manage and liaise with the legal teams involved on the various files within your portfolio.
- Prompt and efficient management of portfolio tasks, work flow items and keen adherence to deadlines.
- lnvestigate and negotiate claims to a successful outcome within agreed authority limits
- Arrange and attend liability and settlement consultations
- Ensuring cost effective and timely resolution of claims
- Ensuring compliance with all regulatory, governance and quality standards
- Controlling the cost of claims, while meeting customer expectations.
- Preparation and attendance at client reviews of their claims portfolio
- Authorising claims cheques within designated authority levels
Essential and desired experience, skills and educational qualifications for this role may include:
- CIP minimum qualification
- 10-15 years' experience within claims in the General Insurance Industry
- Expert knowledge of Public Liability, Employers Liability and Motor claim technical requirements, regulatory and operational requirements related to financial services / insurance companies
- Exemplary strategy setting and experienced litigation handling with keen negotiation and claims settlement skill set.
If this sounds like you or someone you know, please apply via this advertisement. For further information on this fantastic permanent job opportunity or for a confidential conversation on your job search within Insurance or Financial Services, please do not hesitate to get in touch with Katie Mitchell at kmitchell(at)lincoln.ie or by calling (01) 661 0444.
€65,000.00 - €65,000.00 per year