Large North Dublin logistics company now require a Logistics & Transport Administrator. You will champion the organisation of the daily logistics and transport administration functions, prioritising key tasks, as per customer and company requirements, while maintaining high levels of customer service.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Inputting daily shipments on Freight Management System for non-EDI customers and preparing paperwork for same-day dispatch all over Ireland (for next-day delivery).
- Booking daily deliveries with relevant hauliers in a timely manner, via email and EDI.
- Updating customers on service and delivery metrics, on a per shipment basis, as required.
- Resolving and communicating service issues with customers and colleagues.
- Updating customer KPI’s as required on a weekly basis.
- Inputting shipment cost and sell pricing on the freight system.
issuing weekly sales invoices to customers.
- Processing supplier invoices on receipt.
- Additional operational duties, which may be assigned by the Road Freight Manager.
- Ideally up to 1 year of Logistics and transport experience within a busy office environment with a clear understanding of Irish domestic transport and what it entails
- Demonstrated a genuine interest in Logistics and in progressing further within the industry.
- General awareness of the activities of Irish 3PL’s, including the services they offer in
various modes (air, road, sea, logistics).
- Ability to multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Strong Customer Service Orientation.
- Must possess a high level of attention to detail, with the ability to recognise and
prioritise key tasks as they arise.
- Must have excellent oral and written English.
- Clear communication skills, for interaction with Customer and Management level
personnel, on interpersonal, phone and e-mail levels.
- Must have a strong level of IT literacy in MS Outlook and Excel.
Full time, permanent
€28-30,000 with reviews based on performance, pension and educational assistance
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current opportunity please contact Garvan Cerasi on 01 8326330 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that your application for this vacancy will be forwarded to all the consultants in The Logiskills Group as you may be suitable for other roles that we are unable to advertise.
The latest vacancies are now advertised on our Twitter Feed @LogiskillsJobs
You can follow our LinkedIn company page with up to date industry news as well as vacancy alerts at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-logiskills-group /