Managed Services Engineer Level 2
This is a technical role within a Managed Services Department. You will be a subject matter expert of our clients business, support and processes and will act as liaison between Level 1/2 and clients. The role will also have frequent interactions with Sales and Business Support.
- Investigating and resolving complex support cases
- Provide Day-to-day System administration, including Security, Account Management, Active Directory Support and administration, etc.
- Assisting with department project initiatives and related reporting and documentation
- Administration tasks for Hyper-V and VMware support
- Contributing to our clients corporate knowledge by defining best practices, business process flows, trending, forecasting and scenario planning capabilities.
- Working as part of the Project Delivery Team, consulting, designing, implementing and supporting solutions across all of our clients chosen technology stack (Dell/EMC, Symantec, Cisco UCS, VMware, Veeam, NetBackup, PRTG & ServiceNow)
- Applicants should have at least 4 years’ experience of Microsoft Windows, AD/DC, Exchange, SQL systems administration and
- Working knowledge of different Monitoring & Management tools (i.e. Solarwinds, PRTG, Meraki & Veeam, WhatsUpGold, Sophos, LabTech etc.)
- Working knowledge and ability to administer, monitor, tune & troubleshoot virtual environments (i.e. Vmware/Hyper-V);
- Working knowledge and ability to administer & troubleshoot different data protection solutions (i.e. Veeam, Symantec);
- Knowledge of and ability to manage and troubleshoot fibre channel, iSCSI based networks as well as SAN and NAS systems;
- Good knowledge and skillset to setup, monitor, administer and troubleshoot different network devices such as switches, routers, firewalls;
- EMC, Dell, Symantec, Cisco & Veeam Partner Certifications
- ITIL v3 Basic Principals
- ServiceNow Skills
- Oracle DBA and Linux experience an added bonus
Note: recognised vendor certification in the following areas is a distinct advantage.
- Networking – Cisco CCNA/CCNP, Juniper JNCIA/JNCIS-ENT
- Microsoft – MCSA/MSCE
- VMware – VCP/VCAP
- Storage – EMC/DELL/HP/NetApp
- Backup – Veeam/Symantec NBU/EMC Networker