Job Purpose:Performing tactical tasks related to departmental projects and operational support. This is a technical role within Managed Services. As a subject matter expert on our clients business, support and processes and will act as liaison between Level 1/2 and clients. The role will also have frequent interactions with Sales, Business Support
· Investigating, analysing & resolving complex support cases escalations
· Point of Escalation for trouble shooting
· Writing & Maintaining Known Error Database & Knowledge Base
· Assisting with department project initiatives and related reporting and documentation
· Contributing to a customer-focused environment that encourages information sharing, team-based resolution activity, with focus on improving customer experience
· Communications with Team regarding changes, system interruptions, and new tools and documentation resources
· Contributing to Our Clients corporate knowledge by defining best practices, business process flows, trending, forecasting and scenario planning capabilities.
· Provisioning of Virtual Resources, Storage Resources, Patch Management, responsible for managing Change Control Process.
· Maintaining expert-level functional knowledge of our product and service offerings to our clients
· Working as part of the Project Delivery Team, consulting, designing, implementing and supporting solutions across all of Arkphire’s chosen technology stack (Dell/EMC, Symantec, Cisco UCS, VMware, Veeam, NetBackup, PRTG & ServiceNow)
· Participate in on-call rota for escalation of P1 issues.
· Technical Aptitude – Ability and desire to quickly learn new technologies and products
· Business Aptitude – To understand the business impact to both the customer and Arkphire when dealing with support issues
· Communication & Interpersonal Skills – excellent written & oral skills required
· Motivation – ability to achieve predetermined goals, demonstrate persistence.
· Customer Service – to provide a consistent quality proactive service to customers
· Analytical – Demonstrate superior technical skills in the analysis of customer problems
· Planning & Organising – Ability to plan and organise time to deal with multiple support issues
· Adaptability – adapts to changes in work environment, hours of work, manages changes in approaches, ability to deal with frequent change, delays & unexpected events
· Good documentation skills
· Microsoft Windows, AD/DC, Exchange, SQL systems administration and troubleshooting skills;
· Working knowledge of different Monitoring & Management tools (i.e. Solarwinds, PRTG, Meraki & Veeam, WhatsUpGold, Sophos, LabTech etc.);
· Working knowledge and ability to administer, monitor, tune & troubleshoot virtual environments (i.e. Vmware/Hyper-V);
· Working knowledge and ability to administer & troubleshoot different data protection solutions (i.e. Veeam, Symantec);
· Knowledge of and ability to manage and troubleshoot fibre channel, iSCSI based networks as well as SAN and NAS systems;
· Good knowledge and skillset to setup, monitor, administer and troubleshoot different network devices such as switches, routers, firewalls;
· EMC, Dell, Symantec, Cisco & Veeam Partner Certifications
· ITIL v3 Basic Principals
· ServiceNow Skills
Recognised vendor certification in the following areas is a distinct advantage.
· Networking – Cisco CCNA/CCNP, Juniper JNCIA/JNCIS-ENT
· Microsoft – MCSA/MSCE
· VMware – VCP/VCAP
· Storage – EMC/DELL/HP/NetApp
· Backup – Veeam/Symantec NBU/EMC Networker