A biologics company based in Athlone is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer who will be responsible for ensuring all manufacturing requirements are met from a process equipment perspective within the facility. In addition the incumbent will be involved in ongoing and new projects and new product introduction activities. This is a technical role requiring problem solving through data analysis using scientific methods focusing on process capability.
- The role will require the candidate to work closely with other departments such as Manufacturing, Utilities and Quality Assurance.
- This role will report overall into the Manufacturing Engineering Lead and will offer scope for both personal and career development.
- Involvement/leading process improvement projects as directed.
- Practical problem solving and root case analysis.
- Process parameter monitoring and control, yield analysis.
- Follow through on actions logs, project milestones and presentations.
- Look for new innovative technologies.
- Build a deep understanding of process variables.
- Daily, weekly & monthly reporting of product and process metrics.
- Work with quality management systems, process change management, ISO, FMEA, risk assessment, standard work documents.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Appropriate Engineering qualification. Ideally Chemical, Mechanical, Manufacturing or Material
- Engineering degree, NFQ Level 8 or higher.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma and lean systems is an advantage.
- IT literacy will ideally include SQL databases and Minitab.
- Some experience in pharmaceutical processes is an advantage, particularly in a Biologics facility.
- The candidate should be able to examine data to grasp issues, draw conclusions, and solve problems.