The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for providing a world class level of service to the Fulfillment Operations, mainly by offering a seamless industrialization of new products and processes (NPI). The engineer will also be an integral part of an agile support team within the operations department, taking ownership from a facilitation standpoint of software and hardware issues as well as implementing lean manufacturing and continuous improvement initiatives. The engineer should have a strong mindset for quality and the ‘can do’ attitude to ensure rigorous validation and verification prior to production sign-off.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring seamless introduction of new products, machines and processes into the operations environment.
- Working closely with global product managers to facilitate the industrialization processes and becoming an ambassador for the site, ensuring the process is followed and owning any fall out as well as feeding back into the process.
- Take a prominent role in new capital equipment acceptance to support capacity improvements for new product launches.
- Has the ability to identify areas of improvement, specifically on department process. Needs to be able to engage a team and manage the projects to a satisfactory conclusion, presenting the quantifiable improvements.
- Proactively escalate potential issues in order to minimize safety, quality, delivery issues and operational inefficiencies.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with the global manufacturing and product management teams.
- Able to look at the department from a strategic stand point and work towards long term departmental goals on top of daily operations.
- To be an ambassador for lean manufacturing principles as well as developing a culture of ‘standard work’.
- Supporting machine repairs, including diagnosing through effective root cause analysis and implementing containment and corrective actions where appropriate.
- Maintain compliance to all Site policies and procedures (in particular Health & Safety and Quality)
- Sc education in an Engineering discipline or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an Operations environment is required
- A great understanding of PLM processes and systems is essential.
- Familiar with Oracle R12 ERP or similar ERP systems
- Familiarity with Electrical, Electronic and Mechanical production machinery.
- Experience in ‘lean’ methodology is required, inc. Process Mapping, 5S etc.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.