Senior Manufacturing Engineer
My client, a leading medical device company, is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to join their site in Galway.
- Implement appropriate process controls on to manufacturing processes for production.
- Drive yield and productivity across different production lines and throughout the business.
- Effectively use Six Sigma methodologies.
- Take a scientific approach to problem solving, combining analytical and experimental skills to maximise overall equipment effectiveness.
- Ensure all Engineering work and designs are carried out to appropriate GMP, QA/Regulatory Authority standards and Environmental Health and Safety standards.
- Support the development of new processes in conjunction with Process/Manufacturing/R&D Engineering ensuring that new processes are stable and capable.
- Provide support for NPI.
- Ensure that non-conforming products and processes are evaluated and corrected on assigned projects in accordance with process controls and procedures.
- Lead NCR, CAPA resolution in your area and implement robust corrections to failures.
- Manage Validation activities as required in conjunction with the validation department.
- Assess and approve Supplier process changes ensuring product impact is
- Compile any necessary equipment/capital authorisation requests supported with appropriate
justifications and alternative options.
- Communicate effectively with all Internal & External Stakeholders.
- Collaborate with key suppliers and their production/manufacturing teams to drive and
support process/product improvements/developments and lean initiatives.
- The role will involve some European travel to suppliers (up to 20%).
- Level 8 degree in Engineering or Science.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience within a manufacturing or process development role within the Medical Device industry.
- Experience with medical devices is essential.
For more information, please contact Emma on 091 455 307.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.