Manufacturing Engineering Manager (Packaging)
The role is required to optimise processes and support day to day operations and to manage and co-ordinate the maintenance activities within GSIUC Packaging. The role will support the strategic development of the packaging operations, to partner with the packaging team and to deliver "Best in Class" solutions.
- Leads the day-to-day activities of a team of Engineering and maintenance personnel which shall include external contractors in addition to internal line reports. This shall include coordinating and prioritising daily tasks, performing training and performance reviews to accomplish company objectives, in accordance with the budget and time lines.
- Works across organisational, cultural and geographic boundaries to optimise the company's strategic approach to the use of Packaging technology.
- Supports introduction and integration of new technologies (e.g. Aggregation, Blister & device packaging) and\ or new processes, as needed & support delivery of the business goals.
- Coordinates the specification, installation, utilisation, qualification, and improvement of equipment used for solid dose and vial products.
- Builds relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to generate awareness, educate, and achieve consensus on Engineering issues, including the support of CMO
- Implementation and development of Engineering policies, procedures, techniques, standards, and systems.
- Prepares project plans and manages small to medium sized projects to successful and timely completion.
- Supports the Continuous Improvement process by passionately seeking ways to improve Engineering processes and performance.
- Performs Risk/Impact Assessments; ensures significant aspects are kept up to date.
- Works on problems where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of identifiable factors, establishment of root cause & implementation of corrective actions to meet business targets on equipment.
- Significant relevant experience and a BS or BA or related fields.
- Has previous experience in engineering in highly regulated manufacturing environments
- Experience in pharmaceutical operations/cGMP environment highly desirable.
- The ideal candidate will possess proven Packaging technology experience
- The candidate should have collaboration and leadership experience and be able to influence and cooperate with cross functional peers.
- Demonstrates knowledge of pharmaceutical packaging, process manufacturing, OEE, MTBF, and root cause failure analysis.
- Demonstrate an in depth understanding and application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards along with knowledge of industry practices.
- Demonstrates extensive understanding and application of process engineering principles, concepts, and practices, and standards.
Berkley Life Science & Engineering is a specialist consultancy recruiting Life Science & Engineering professionals for organisations throughout Ireland; for more information go to www.berkley-group.com
If you would like to discuss this vacancy further or to discuss your career options in confidence, please contact Lisa Cooney on +353 21 428 9624 or send your CV to email@example.com