Manufacturing Engineering Technician
The Manufacturing Engineering Technician will be responsible for providing a world class level of service to the Fulfillment Operations, while ensuring the Companies standards around Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost are upheld. The Technician will have a good knowledge of lean manufacturing principles and a wealth of continuous improvement experience. This coupled with a ‘can do’ attitude to allow them to engage with the team and implement strategic changes to better enable the department in an ever changing business environment.
- Responsible for all production equipment on site, ensuring products have built-in quality, maximizing machine uptime as well as championing preventative maintenance.
- Leading machine repairs, including diagnosing through effective root cause analysis and implementing containment and corrective actions where appropriateTaking responsibility for process controls and use appropriate documentation to reflect any changes or improvements as well as training them out to the team.
- Has the ability to identify areas of improvement, specifically on department process. Needs to be able to engage a team and manage the projects to a satisfactory conclusion, presenting the quantifiable improvements.
- Proactively escalate potential issues in order to minimize safety, quality, delivery issues and operational inefficiencies.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with the global manufacturing team.
- Act as the departments lead for the engagement and integration of new product introduction (NPI) into the fulfillment center.
- Take a prominent role in new capital equipment acceptance to support capacity improvements or new product launches.
- Able to look at the department from a strategic stand point and work towards long term departmental goals on top of daily operations.
- To be an ambassador for lean manufacturing principles as well as developing a culture of ‘standard work’.
- Maintain compliance to all Site policies and procedures (in particular Health & Safety and Quality)
- BSc education in an Engineering discipline or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a Production environment is required
- Background of Electrical, Electronic and Mechanical production machinery is essential.
- Experience in ‘lean’ methodology is required, inc. Process Mapping, 5S etc.
- Familiar with Oracle R12 ERP or similar ERP systems
- Familiar with Agile PLM or similar PLM systems
- Proficient in MS Office applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Our client offers a good basic salary + bonus + private health and pension.
If you are interested in this role as a Manufacturing Engineering Technician please click on the apply button and send us your CV"
You can also contact our office on 093 41932 "If you would like to learn more about our company please visit our website www.bdr.ie