The successful candidate will utilize their technical skills in the generation and development of medical device products and process technologies.
* Technical support to assigned production lines ensuring products manufactured conform to quality standards and specifications.
* Supporting the TMS process which monitors Hour by Hour line output performance and reacts to missed targets.
* Proactively communicating with shift supervisor about the daily production plan to mitigate against potential downtime but attending Tier 1 and line meetings and being a presence on the shopfloor.
* Utilise troubleshooting skills on equipment and process issues to identify root causes and resolve in a timely manner and initiate the communication/escalation process for critical downtime events.
* Working as part of a team to identify and resolve systematic equipment issues.
* Participate in cross functional process improvement initiatives, identifying, gaining approval and completing continuous improvement projects.
* Effectively communicate line issues and offer solutions.
* Compile and report equipment/line metrics for review.
* Prioritise issues in conjunction with production supervisors.
* Presents and implements solutions to process or product related issues.
* Training relevant Production Operators in correct use of process equipment and in product specifications.
* Seeks technical advice from engineers or supervisor for complex problems.
* Perform self-evaluation as well as co-operative evaluation with manager to define and develop what further skill sets are required.
* Performs other related duties and tasks as required.
* Certificate or Diploma in a related discipline.
* Minimum of 1 years' experience in a related field.
* Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
* PC skills including standard offices packages.
* Ability to work well as a team member.
* Knowledge of various tooling and testing equipment.
* Excellent Problem Solving with a proven track history.
* Knowledge of Lean tools such as TPM, 4-Step problem solving and 5S.
* AutoCAD or Solid Works would be an advantage.
* Medical device experience would also be an advantage.
Merit Medical is an Equal Opportunities Employer
At Merit Medical, our mission is to create innovative medical devices that improve lives. Our goal is to hire and develop people who want to build something special through hard work, team effort, and commitment. Together, we are making a difference in the lives of patients around the world.
* Fulltime Permanent contract
* Attractive Salary package
* Defined Contribution Pension Plan
* Health Insurance Cover
* Life assurance
Health & Wellbeing Events Calendar
Excellent career progression opportunities
Internal training courses
Quality Subsidised Canteens & Barista Service
Active Sports and Social Club
We are Global
Merit Medical Galway commenced with 22 employees in 1993. Since then Merit has enjoyed year on year revenue growth and developed its workforce to over 900 employees. Headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, Merit maintains a diverse, multi-campus manufacturing footprint in Europe, North America, South America, Asia and Australia with a global distribution.
Medtech Company of the Year Winner
Merit Medical Galway are proud winners of the Medtech Company of the Year Award, a prestigious award recognizing those who are exceling in the MedTech industry
At Merit Medical Galway almost 60% of all roles are filled by internal employees! We focus on encouraging, believing in and providing a platform for you to progress your career!
A supportive and collaborative environment make Merit Medical a friendly, enjoyable place to work. We are proud of our energetic and dynamic culture. Diversity & Inclusion is evident here with an 50/50 ratio of male and female employees as well as 30 nationalities onsite! We value every employee as an individual.
To see more on our culture, go to www.merit.com/careers.
Day in the Life:
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Source : Merit Medical