Orion Group are looking for a Master Production Scheduler for our multinational medical devices client based in the East Cork area. This is a Permanent Role.
The Master Production Scheduler will be required to establish and monitor the master production schedule for Cork sales forecast, manufacturing capacity, inventory objectives and service level goals by scheduling and reporting the flow of product through various operational steps and equipment.
The Master Production Scheduler drives the overall S&OP plan, ensures effectiveness and efficiency of material and capacity planning by establishing, reviewing and maintaining a master production schedule for assigned items.
Main Responsibilities of the role
- Will work closely with the Operations department to understand work cell capabilities and schedule work accordingly by developing monthly build plan based on available resources
- Work with Program Management and Sales team to understand upcoming forecast requirements and allocate capacity accordingly - develop Master Production Schedule (MPS) and load into ERP system
- Develop, publish and maintain the Master Production Schedule, balancing inventory, resources, and capacity and required lead-times
- Be the "expert" on all planning activities by supporting the Production Planner goal of never starting to build product without having a valid PO, adequate material quantities, and accurate BOM and an accurate routing
- Reviews requirements prior to release into MRP system.
- Prepare and implement strategic plan for order planning, inventory efficiency, cost optimization, etc./ Introduce new targets and KPIs to measure performance
- Reviews engineering plans and product specifications to determine raw material requirements to support manufacturing schedules
- Works with purchasing to obtain and schedule materials based on production forecast
- Generate reports that provide management with necessary information to assist the financial review of inventory and product availability
- Lead the monthly Sales & Operations (S&OP) process spanning both sustaining and NPI programs
- Monitors performances against the MPS and the production plan and reconciles the MPS to the build plan as required and advise appropriate personnel of needed changes, investigate and resolve system problems in regards to scheduling
- Communicates with Production and Customer Service on availability, delays, interruptions, difficulties and reprioritization recommendations
- Oversees, validates, and provides guidance on material forecast planning (in MRP)
- Establishes inventory turns goals and holds monthly performance review meetings with stakeholders
- Provides "what if" capacity and schedule analysis as needed for changing demand requirements and material constraints to support efficient and timely delivery of all business needs
- Reconcile the MPS to customer PO coverage weekly to ensure that is not exposed over and above customer PO coverage or other authorised customer demand. Ensure the MPS supports total customer requirements and is achievable
- Maintain the capacity planning model; drive resolution on uneven capacity utilization that keeps focused on the customer but efficiently utilizing manufacturing resources
- Meet daily with the manufacturing team to assess production schedules, optimize run quantities, to help achieve 100% on time in full delivery
- Lead on the creation of Bills of Material (BOMs) and routings that allows accurate tracking of WIP assemblies and accurate inventory movement transactions
- Manage & report all stages of Inventory life cycle including EOL (End of Life) & IOS (Inactive Obsolete and Surplus)
- Closely monitor inventory and manage plan to support newly launching products as well as product phase-in /phase-outs
- Identify and implement cost saving initiatives
Desired Experience and Background of the successful candidate
- ISM or APICS Certification.
- Minimum of 5 years of planning experience and 3 years of Master Scheduling and 2 years of SIOP experience.
- Experience with FDA and ISO quality system requirements - Preferred
- Advanced Excel skills - a distinct advantage.
- Accredited Lean / Six Sigma qualification (Green Belt or Higher) - a distinct advantage
- Experience in working with customers - Preferred
- Experience with Epicor or other ERP system required
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Numeracy / analytical skills, with the ability to work with forecasts
- Comprehensive understanding of manufacturing operations including Supply Chain, Quality, Manufacturing etc.
- Medical device or regulated industry (ISO 13485 compliance) experience highly preferred
- Knowledge of production control and material manufacturing methods is highly desired
- Strong knowledge and proficiency in problem solving processes and techniques
- Analyse and proactively look for issues that may delay customer delivery
- Ability to interface and communicate with different levels of the organisation. Includes ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and customers
- Financial acumen to achieve budgeted targets via cost analysis / management
- Excellent interpersonal skills (e.g. coaching, motivating, conflict management)
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.