Our client in Galway is looking for a highly experienced toolmaker with extensive CNC machining and manual machining experience. You will be directly responsible for the operation of the R&D toolroom and supporting all development activities
- Study sample parts, blueprints, drawings, and engineering information to determine methods and sequences of operations needed to fabricate products, and determine product dimensions and tolerances, machine parts to specifications using machine tools such as lathes and milling machines.
- Set-up, operate, and prove-out programs on CNC machines: live tool lathes, mill-turn machines, 3-axis and 5-axis mills and EDM machines.
- Support metalworking projects from planning and fabrication through assembly, inspection, and testing, using knowledge of machine functions, metal properties and mathematics.
- Machine precision fixtures, tools and products from drawings, following established procedures, with limited supervision.
- Cut, trim, or scarf metal objects, fit and fabricate metal components to dimensions for building and assembling test site structural forms.
- Measure, examine, and test completed units to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments such as micrometres, surface plates, and height gauges.
- Set up and operate metalworking and cutting equipment; monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process.
- Maintain industrial machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures.
- Clean and lubricate machines, tools, and equipment to remove grease, rust, stains, and foreign matter.
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometres and callipers.
- Maintain inventory of common stock materials.
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly.
- 10+ years of professional machining experience.
- 3+ years of professional experience in a role focused on both programming and operating machines.
- Familiar with Siemens Sinumerik controls is a plus.
- Experience running live tool lathe machines and CNC milling machines.
- Experience with manual lathes, knee mills, and various other manual equipment.
- Ability to lift 10 kg unassisted, repetitive movement, bending or twisting, using hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls, exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting, exposure to typical shop chemicals (coolant, solvents, cleaners) are generally required to perform the functions of this position.
- Able to stand for extended periods of time.
This is super opportunity to join an excellent growing company and to work on a more autonomous basis.
Any applicant must have an existing visa / permit for Ireland. Stamp 4 visa or an EU passport.