My Client, a leading Industrial Distribution and Manufacturing Group based in Carlow, is looking for an Materials Manager to join their busy and growing organisation.
My client is a long established Industrial Distribution and Manufacturing company based in Carlow and they are looking for a Materials Manager who will work within the Supply Chain Department to manage the Stock control, distribution and sourcing of components and other Materials as needed for client needs
Positions do not come up very often with this company and they offer a great salary and benefits with room for progression.
Materials Manager Duties:
- Collaborate with other departments to determine the component and material supply needs
- Purchase supplies and materials according to specifications
- Coordinate and supervise receiving and warehousing procedures
- Control inventory levels to ensure availability of material at all times for client orders
- Maintain relationships and negotiate with suppliers to obtain best value and continuously evaluating cost reduction strategies
- Keep detailed records on procurement activity, materials quantity, specifications etc
- Assist in forecasting to plan future orders for components, materials and supplies.
- Manage the customs process as needed due to Brexit
Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience as materials manager
- Experience working within an Industrial environment
- Experience in shipping and receiving
- Familiarity with supply chain and inventory management systems
- Understanding of forecasting and budgeting
- Proficient in MS Office and Excel
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- A problem-solver
- BSc/BA in logistics or Supply Chain Management
If you feel that you fulfil the above qualifications for the role please apply today with your CV. If you have any further queries please contact Rachael Pando of FRS Recruitment