IPS is hiring! We are looking for a talented Mechanical Engineer (Black Utilities) to join our industry leading Mechanical Engineering team at our EMEA office in Dublin, Ireland.
The Mechanical Engineer assists with planning, designing and directing engineering projects within the business unit. The Mechanical Engineer may oversee aspects of the HVAC/Black Utilities design process, assist with specialized designs and work on several concurrent projects within the Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Life Sciences or Laboratory industries.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare design computations and quality estimates and develops probable cost estimates for the smaller projects within the business unit.
- Modify scopes of work for mechanical designs (Black Utilities) based on preliminary review and client meetings.
- Assist with the preparation of engineering studies and schematic designs for new HVAC/Black Utilities systems and analyze the operation of existing systems.
- Make calculations using engineering formulas and skills for design such as heating and cooling loads, equipment sizing, etc.
- Select equipment based on recommendations of Project Designer/Engineer and fill out equipment schedules.
- Research code issues and ask relevant questions of code officials and other design professionals when an interpretation or exception to building codes is required.
- Review the work of the project design teams, checks the progress of the work, and alerts Project Managers of scope changes or additional services.
- Provide drawings for own designs and produce sketches to incorporate in drawings by drafters.
- Coordinates all aspects of project document completion within IPS, externally with clients and with other relevant design professionals.
- Report on design budgets based on the project scope as needed.
- Promotes the use of IPS design and production standards.
- Special projects as assigned.
- At least 3-5 years of proven mechanical design experience (HVAC/Black Utilities) within Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Life Sciences or Laboratory industries (industry experience is required).
- Bachelors of Engineering Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited University.
- Black Utilities design experience requried.
- Experience working with computer operations for engineering design programs and computer aided drafting (AutoCAD, Revit, etc.).
- At this time, IPS are not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future would require sponsorship for employment visa status.
IPS-Integrated Project Services is a global leader in developing innovative and cost-effective solutions for the engineering, construction, commissioning and qualification of complex pharmaceutical and biotech research and manufacturing facilities. With technical expertise spanning R&D to pilot-scale to large-scale production, our team specializes in the technology, trends and regulatory environment to successfully deliver capital projects and improve operations. For over thirty years, we have applied unique LEAN methodologies throughout the project life cycle, continually finding ways to do things better and more efficiently, delivering higher quality and controlling costs. Headquartered in Blue Bell, PA, IPS is a multi-national company with over 1,450 professionals worldwide and offices in California, Indiana, Kansas, Massachusetts, New Jersey, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Brazil, Canada, China, Germany, Ireland, Singapore, Switzerland, UK and four locations in India. Visit our website at www.ipsdb.com.
Process Architecture, Process Design, Engineering, Construction, Commissioning, Qualification, LEAN Project Delivery, Strategic Master Planning, Energy Conservation Management, Project Controls, Program/Project Management, Operations/Logistics Strategy and Planning, EPCMV and Staffing Services.
IPS is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer of protected veterans (M/F/D/V).
Attention Search Firms / Third Party Recruiters: IPS is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment opportunities with IPS. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at IPS via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at IPS in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for a specific position will be deemed the sole property of IPS, and no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by IPS as a result of the referral or through other means.