Essex - Working home with occasional travel to the office
£40k - £50K + Car or cash equivalent dependent on level of experience, Standard auto enrolment pension, Health Care after passing probation (benefit reviewed annually), 22 days holiday + 8 bank holiday (rising to 25 with service), Company Car (or cash equivalent can be discussed)
This opportunity is within the M&E division of family-owned group of UK building services businesses. They deliver Mechanical, Electrical and Refrigeration solutions to a range of blue-chip clients on some very high profile and ground-breaking projects.
Mechanical Estimator - The Role
- Carrying out material take-offs
- Obtaining sub-contractor and supplier quotations
- Utilising estimating software to build quotations
- Reviewing tender information to highlight any necessary tender clarification
- Develop cost plan and budget estimates
- Attend site visits and pre / post tender interviews
Mechanical Estimator - Skills & Experience
- They are looking for someone with at least 3 years' experience of mechanical estimating across a range of sectors including commercial and retail
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to deal with high work volumes and prioritise accordingly
- Practical and can-do approach and professional when communicating
- Excellent time management and ability to multitask
- Good work ethic with an energetic approach
- Flexibility and commitment
- Technical knowledge of current mechanical regulations
- Understanding RIBA design stages
- Knowledge of current market costs for mechanical works
The suitable candidates will ideally have one of the following qualifications:
- Amtech estimating course
- Mechanical trade course such as city & guilds with time served experience
- HND/HNC in mechanical or public health engineering
Mechanical Estimator - The Opportunity
This is an excellent opportunity to work for an agile business without lots of red tape and benefit from home working to support a work-life balance.
They are a very secure business who are still growing steadily despite the economic climate.
There is a friendly and open culture and recognition is at the heart of this. For instance, People often receive pay increases, promotions and acknowledgement for hard work and commitment.
If this is something you are interested in hearing more about, please press apply!