Medical Writer/Senior Medical Writer - Medical Communications
Salary: Competitive (dependent on experience) + excellent benefits
Location: Dublin, fully remote based (travel when required)
Reports to: Editorial Manager
About the role
A Fishawack Medical Writer researches, writes, edits and prepares high-quality material for a variety of customised medical communications initiatives. A keen interest in medical science and writing, coupled with an ability to work to strict deadlines and specifications is essential.
Who are Fishawack Health?
Fishawack Health is the leading global commercialisation partner for the life science industry. Established in 2001 and headquartered in the UK, Fishawack Health is now an 800+ strong global organisation, bringing together best-in-class agencies and experts across Medical Communications, Consulting, and Commercial.
We help develop, launch, and grow brands for clients across the life sciences industry, including global pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers and emerging biotech and healthcare companies. Our internationally registered, award-winning teams collaborate across operations in the UK (Knutsford, Manchester, Brighton and Oxford) and USA (Evansville, New York, Philadelphia, Scottsdale, St. Louis and San Diego).
What you'll do
As a Medical Writer you will be responsible for developing and delivering original, accurate, high-quality content (manuscripts, slides, and other editorial assignments) within the project specifications, timeline, and budget. This will involve:
- Liaising with clients, authors and colleagues to progress projects effectively,
- Attending congresses, symposia and advisory board meetings as required and liaising with speakers and clients
- Providing input on project specifications, costings and schedules, working with the internal account team to ensure projects are delivered to time and budget
- Providing good briefings to colleagues and freelancers
- Actively participating in account development meetings to grow repeat business
- Mentoring new writers (depending on individual, level of experience and opportunity)
- Bachelor’s degree in the life sciences required; post-graduate qualification e.g. MSc, MPhil or PhD an advantage
- Previous experience in medical writing/publishing role and/or medical communications agency environment advantageous
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office, specifically Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Proficiency in Internet and PubMed searches
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and as part of a team
We offer a creative, supportive environment with a uniquely diverse career structure where you will be able to continuously develop. Our STEPS training programme – Supporting Training, Enhancing Professional Development – provides a broad range of training delivered in-house and on-line, and supplements on-the-job training/project team-led training initiatives.
Reasonable adjustments: We'll consider any reasonable adjustments you'd like us to put in place in the interests of fairness and equal opportunities.