Our client is currently recruiting for a MEP Coordinator to join their team based in Kildare.
This role of the MEP Services Coordinator will report to the MEP Manager and the Senior Engineer. You will be responsible for the design coordination, compliance, procurement and construction to commissioning of one or several MEP systems. In coordination with the different design teams (Architectural, Structural, M&E, PCC) to achieve final coordinated design information across the different specialties generally in a BIM 3D environment. Will be the gatekeeper of every submission to ensure it follows procedures and codification systems as per Employer Requirements and the Document Management Plan. Will also maintain registers and update trackers, reporting them accordingly to the Management.
Request for Instruction (RFIN), and any additional queries will be centralised, monitored and managed by the MEP Services Coordinator along with any technical queries raised by the project team and the Employer.
Coordination of the Technical Submittal approval process, from the start to the end, aiming to get technical submittals and samples fully compliant with Employer Requirements, Local Construction Standards and any other requirement such as BREEAM, distributing them following Document Management Plan. To achieve this, will undertake technical submittals review, guiding, supporting, and liaising with all departments and disciplines in the process.
The MEP Services Coordinator may be required to work on a BIM environment, will undertake all coordination reviews under the BIM Execution plan, integrating all parties into it.
- Assisting with MEP Financial Control & Change Control including keeping MEP QS fully informed of all potential Financial & Commercial issues.
- Assisting MEP QS with assessment of Sub-Contractor monthly applications for payment.
- Assisting with/producing RFAs (Recommendation for Appointment) of all Services Sub-Contractors.
- Managing the MEP Quality Control Including Snagging & De-snagging (Snag as you go & promoting “Snag Free Construction” mentality)
- Managing the MEP Programme Control & Interfacing with Overall Construction Programme
- Managing the MEP Construction Process Including Meetings & Workshops, BREEAM & BCAR Compliance, Temporary Services, etc. including issuing accurate Minutes of meetings.
- Managing MEP Design Responsibilities.
- Managing the MEP Technical Submission, Mock-up & Samples Approval Process
- Managing the MEP Information Required Process & Information
- Managing the MEP Testing & Commissioning Process
- Managing the MEP O&M and As-Built Documentation Process
- Managing the MEP Project Handover & Demonstrations
- Managing the MEP Post Substantial Completion Actions/Management
- BCAR/Safety File progress monitoring liaising with BCAR/Safety File Consultant and coordinating evidence collection from All Departments
- Maintain Design coordination workshops minutes of meetings and track actions.
- Ensure proper distribution between ARC/STR/PCC/BIM models.
Communication and Conduct
- Liaising with building Project Managers on site progress & programme.
- Complying with & implementing the Quality plan strategy in relation to MEP.
- Liaising with Senior Project Managers in creating a one team culture and approach to delivering the project to the Time, Cost, Quality and Corporate Responsibility targets and deliverables
- Providing visible leadership and leading by example around the offices and on site.
- Provide accurate and timely data to the MEP Manager to enable them to report to the Project Director & Commercial Director.
- Valuing and developing our people, both staff and operatives
- Maintaining good relationships with the Client designers, Sub-Contractors, and other stakeholders, conducive to securing future work
For more info you can contact Aileen on 0906 413973 or you can forward your CV to email@example.com
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.