Net developer Dublin South D18 Permanent position
The role requires a diverse set of skills and experience and is an exciting opportunity to help shape the future of the life science industry.
- Contribute to the design, development, estimation, troubleshooting, test creation and documentation of software libraries and components. This includes refactoring and remediation of existing software.
- Assist in the creation of CI/CD pipelines to build and deploy software.
- Follow group development practices and policies in order to produce software libraries for use within the Group.
- Use sound software engineering practices and state-of-art development methodologies with a view to ensuring superior quality code, like TDD, clean code, etc.
- Create and maintain level 3 technical and operational documentation that describes software library code, logic, changes, and corrections for assigned functions. * Provide continued level 3 support for software librarie Requirements:
- Working knowledge of .NET 3.5 or later, and of at least ASP.NET and C#.
- Engineering Degree or equivalent in IT/Software Development
- English (fluent) required
- Good experience in Software Development/Engineering (2 years or more).
- Experience working with mid/ large, distributed, multi-tier enterprise application as a plus Desirable skills
- Very comfortable with source code control systems, ideally GIT.
- Solid background in Software Development/Engineering as well Object-Oriented design, programming, and frameworks (experience in the use of frameworks is required, frameworks development is a plus).
- Knowledge of and experience with design patterns (GoF)
- Experience with SQL and related frameworks. Working knowledge of MS SQL Server is a plus
- Working knowledge of JSON, XML, RESTful and SOAP-based web-services and message-oriented middleware is a plus.
- Working knowledge and practice of test-driven development and clean code.
- Experience with ATDD/BDD is a plus. * Working knowledge of UML is a plus.
- Docker exposure is a plus.
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipeline concepts is a plus.
- Working knowledge of TFS 2015 or later (work item tracking) or JIRA.
- Working knowledge of Octopus Deploy and/or TFS Release Management or other deployment tools is a plus.
- PowerShell. MSBuild and batch file experience is a plus.
- Use of NuGet, npm and other package management tools is a plus.
- Structured bonus (around 5-7% of gross salary, performance related)
- Pension contributions 4% when matched by AV
- Laya Medical/health insurance
- Death in Service Life Insurance Benefit
- PHI personal health insurance/salary protection
- The usual taxsaver, bike-2-work, etc.
- Flexible working environment
- 21 days annual leave
Please give me a call for more information.
NOTE: You must be an EU resident or have a valid STAMP 4 visa to qualify for this role. Given the tight internal business deadline on this project and the timescales involved in processing work card/permit applications, regrettably, we will not be offering work permit sponsorship for this role.