Network Engineer - Dublin West - €40,000 - €50,000
Opportunity call for a network engineer to troubleshoot L1/L2 faults. Your new company is a large telecoms data centre based in Dublin West and you will work within the organisation’s IT division, ensuring ongoing projects and BAU support to data centre networking services.
The network team currently manages all data centre network services and additionally the Network administration of the Wide Area Network (WAN) and Local Area Network (LAN) service. Going forward, the data centre network services will become more complex with the introduction of new technologies and the Optus managed service will take over day-to-day administration of WAN and LAN services.
The role is responsible for the following:
- Manage the day-to-day data centre networking requirements and act as a BAU escalations point from LOB IT teams
- Participate in projects as required
- Provide advice, assistance and suggestions related network solutions to internal and external stakeholders
- Designing, building and deploying complex network solutions
- Provide level 1 and level 2 network support
- Understand and investigate complex technical problems and provide advice resolving the issues
- Vendor Engagement
- Build and sustain professional relationships with team members and external stakeholders.
Requirements for this role include:
- CCNA certified, CCNP desirable (Juniper) a distinct advantage.
- Solid network background within a large organisation.
- Experience and ability to investigate complex technical problems and resolving issues
- Understanding documenting (HLD & LLD) of complex network systems
- Solid experience with Cisco – Routing (BGP), Switching, Firewalls and Enterprise Wireless.
- Experience working with loadbalancers (F5 management experience desirable)
Salary / Remuneration: EUR €40,000 - €50,000
For more information contact Conor Foster confidentially on +353 1 649 8506 or email your CV firstname.lastname@example.org
I specialise in recruiting for IT security professionals, if you wish to discuss this or other IT security opportunities, please feel free to contact me.
For more IT security opportunities see: www.archer.ie