Network Security Engineer
Network Security Engineer required for well-known telecommunications company based in Dublin South-West on a permanent basis. The Network Security Engineer will be CCNA Security accredited and have experience supporting Networks and Security, as well as Data Centre hardware and ICT solutions across a wide range of Enterprise solutions and Managed Services.
- Resolve escalated technical issues: this include Firewalls, routing and switching, network services, performance data and systems security.
- Investigate problems to determine full Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and eliminate repeat or further incidents
- Support Internal and Customer Networks assuring their integrity
- Complete network changes
- Work closely with Design Services & Technical Leads Evaluate, schedule & implement complex changes on a broad range of customer networks
- Maintain SLA targets while seeing all incidents through to satisfactory resolution
- Share knowledge/information with the service desk and Level 2/3 engineers as well as other stakeholders, customers and/or third parties.
What you need:
- 3 year’s + support experience in large Enterprise Networks and Managed Services or Operations and Delivery
- Cisco accreditation CCNA Security and Routing & Switching, ideally working towards a CCNP
- Previous experience in an Operational environment with the ability to troubleshoot complex network issues
- Experience across ther following;
- Cisco LAN Switching & WAN Routing, Wireless, Nexus, Meraki, Content Switching, VPN,
- Security – IPS, IDS Checkpoint Firewalls, Endpoint, DDOS, Citrix NetScaler’s – Load Balancing, Palo Alto firewalls, Panorama, Arbor DDOS & Cyber Security
- Excellent communication skills required for dealing with all levels across the business including stakeholders and third parties.