The Operations Engineer is responsible for Vesta’s Tier 1 operations support and is the first point of contact for all issues affecting Vesta’s production environment as a global service product offering. Interacting with both internal and external customers, Tier I staff are responsible for the discovery and intake of partner issues as well as participating in incident resolution and prevention. The desired candidate is detail oriented with strong troubleshooting and communication skills as well as demonstrated excellence in high volume/high pressure situations.
- Provide operational support as part of a 24 x 7 x 365 global support team
- Provide continuous monitoring of all services, alerts and critical systems and respond appropriately
- Proactively detect anomalies, patterns or incidents at the operational level that may degrade into operational problems for the availability, stability, performance or capacity of critical systems and services
- Adhere to all aspects of the Incident Management Policy and Process to effectively resolve incidents as quickly as possible.
- Escalate and work with other Vesta personnel to ensure effective incident resolution.
- Ensure clear, concise and accurate information is provided to internal teams and customer in line with the Communication policy within the Incident Management Process
- Adhere to Vesta Change Management Policy and Process
- Adhere to Vesta Problem Management Policy and Process
- Adhere to Vestas PCI Security and Data Protection Policies
- Contribute to continuous service improvement by proactively seeking ways of perfecting the support services we provide either through documentation, process improvements, alerting or monitoring improvements, etc.
- Operational Tasks – perform routine operational tasks as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Required: Two-year degree from technical institution or equivalent combination of education and industry experience.
- Required: Two years’ experience in Tier I technical support role with customer facing responsibilities.
- Required: Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Required: Strong organizational skills.
- Required: Must be able to work independently and display initiative, self-motivation and dedication necessary for timely and successful work completion.
- Required: Self-starter and a team player that will thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Preferred: Basic knowledge of and experience with Linux and Microsoft Windows support, including 2003/2012 server.
- Preferred: Experience working in an ITIL environment and using IT Service Management Tools.
- Preferred: Experience using monitoring systems such as Nagios and Splunk.
- Preferred: High level of proficiency with MS Office tools.
- Non-essential: Spanish