Operations Manager - Trade Union – Professional Services
Our client is a well-established employee trade union / representative body within the broader professional services sector. They are now seeking a Senior Operations Manager who will be a key member of their executive management team. Role is based in Dublin Central.
Key areas: Corporate and Risk Management Compliance, Operations Management, Human Resources, Business Strategy and Planning, ICT and Corporate Services functions.
The role will include the following:
Operations & Team Leadership
- Encourage staff engagement, growth and leadership development.
- Promoting a collaborative environment.
- Business strategy and planning, enhancing organisational effectiveness and operational excellence.
- Build and maintain professional relationships with members
Corporate Governance & Risk Management Compliance
- Implementing processes aligned with best practice principles.
- Support Governance and Ethics Committee and Quality management
- Understanding the rules of the Union and supporting the Committee
- Devise and implement a strategic approach to organisational risk.
- Ensure all GPDR Policies are reviewed regularly and kept up to date.
- Oversee facilities management contracts and Health and Safety obligations
- Develop with the Finance Manager a corporate procurement plan to include a clear path for tendering contracts as appropriate.
- Improve the operational systems, processes and policies
- Direct relevant staff to ensure statutory and regulatory requirements are met.
Human Resources / Software / ICT
- Lead responsibility for the Human Resources, ICT and logistics operations of the Union.
- Oversee the Unions training channels both traditional and e-learning by sourcing the appropriate blend of skills to develop the membership.
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of IT and HR through improvements
- Oversee the ongoing development and implementation of policies and procedures for staff.
- Provide oversight and input into the procurement, design and development of a new membership system.
The successful applicant will ideally have:
- 3rd level degree & experience in a similar role in industry or within a trade union or similar environment.
- Ability to create, develop and implement the framework and mechanisms for the achievement of significant change across the organisation.
- The desire and ability to drive cultural change, so that all staff of the Union are inspired to achieve agreed
- A track record as a leader, with the ability to bring people with you and build a working environment focussed on
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and presentation skills with sound judgement and ability to think clearly and make decisions in a pressurised environment.
- A clear understanding of corporate governance and risk management standards.
- Financial planning and budgetary skills.
This is a full-time permanent position. Salary guidance: €60K - €75K.