Optical Test Scientist
Seagate is a global leader in data storage solutions. We strive to create precision-engineered data storage technologies that deliver superior capacity, speed, safety, and performance. We’re excited to announce a £47m investment in our Londonderry/Derry fabrication facility and are expanding our existing team to help deliver our next generation storage technologies. If you’re excited by new technologies, are naturally creative and passionate about seeing ideas come to life, then this just might be the opportunity for you!
Our research group is essential to our mission of building the world's best storage technologies. You’ll work as part of a team reporting to the Research & Development Manager within an established team defining and driving leading edge technologies for future data storage products. This is where you can really make a difference.
About the role:
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and analysis of wafer level optical testing of magnetic recording heads.
- Develop a research agenda for Heat Assisted Magnetic recording heads (HAMR).
- Experience with hardware testing, system bring up, and design validation.
- Ability to model, design and build optical test systems to characterize optical components at wafer level.
- Ability to gather and organize data from various databases in order to correlate optical wafer results with downstream device performance and reliability.
- Initiate communication with design teams, integration teams, and process teams in order to improve optical performance of the HAMR recording head.
- Project planning and collaboration with adjacent teams and internal customers.
Your experience includes:
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in optical test and integrated photonic systems.
- Experience in optical components and measurement instrumentation required for building optical test systems.
- Preferred experience in Labview.
- Preferred experience in R, JMP or similar statistical analysis software.
- Preferred experience in Python or similar programming language.
You may have:
- Qualification in Optics, photonics, lasers, opto-electronics, electrical engineering or physics.
- Academic research experience would be considered a distinct advantage
Our competitive compensation & benefits package is reflective of Seagate’s “best in class” philosophy and includes a pension scheme, health insurance scheme, stock purchase plan, onsite gym and tuition assistance. For individuals with the drive to make a real contribution, the company offers exciting opportunities for growth. Seagate will provide you with the tools and support that you need to succeed within an established cutting edge company with a genuine commitment to training and development. Salary may vary depending on experience and qualification level
Employees wishing to be considered for the above post should submit a completed application form via Workday. Please note that you must demonstrate on the application how you meet the criteria for the role as identified above.
Completed application forms should be submitted no later than 3:00 pm 3rd October 2019
Seagate Technology is committed to equal opportunity in employment and welcomes applications from all sections of the community irrespective of sex, marital status, religious affiliation, age, disability or ethnic origin. The Company specifically welcomes applications from the protestant community who are currently underrepresented in this job category. All applications will be considered strictly on the basis of merit.