Global Medical Device company looking for the Packaging Engineer (NPI). Successful candidate will plan and execute clean line and packaging activities to deliver the next generation of Joint Reconstruction medical devices. The role involves leading cross functional teams to develop advanced manufacturing processes for the flawless execution of new product development projects. Collaborating with global packaging functions, the position will be responsible for ensuring optimum design for manufacturability in the introduction of new products. Implementation of leading edge technologies and innovative processes to build excellence in product and process development is expected. The role involves collaboration with multiple disciplines within the organisation.
- Execution and project management responsibility for cleaning and packaging aspects of NPI projects.
- Manage risk management and validation life-cycle for new process or process changes.
- Management of the Asset Life-cycle for new equipment (URS/RA/IQ/OQ/PQ).
- Direct PFMEA studies and lead risk assessment effort for overall process.
- Design, develop and source tools, fixtures, clean line baskets and special equipment for clean and pack processes.
- Influence innovative qualification methodologies to apply appropriate statistical and validation technique.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Engineering is required. A Masters or PhD is an advantage.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a general engineering role is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead sub teams within a project and give direction to fellow team members, contractors, vendors to complete tasks to a defined time-line.
- Self-motivated, with focus on Quality, Time-lines and Cost.
- Experience using proven problem solving techniques (8D, TRIZ or equivalent)
Berkley Life Science & Engineering is a specialist consultancy, recruiting professionals for organisations throughout Ireland, UK & Europe; for more information go to
If you would like to discuss this vacancy further or to discuss your career options in confidence, please telephone Aleksas Kremenskas at +353 (0) 21 429 9609 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org