At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Abbott in Ireland
In Ireland, Abbott employs more than 3,200 people across 11 sites. Abbott has six manufacturing facilities located in Clonmel, Cootehill, Donegal, Longford and Sligo and a third-party manufacturing management operation in Sligo. It has commercial operations in Dublin and shared services in Dublin and Westport. Abbott serves the Irish market with a diverse range of health care products including diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic pharmaceuticals. Abbott has been operating in Ireland since 1946.
Abbott Ireland Nutrition Division – Cootehill
Abbott Nutrition in Cootehill manufactures infant nutritional products for the export markets. The facility is dedicated to providing products of the highest quality standard to its customers.
Abbott Nutrition produces a range of infant formulae in all pack sizes under the brand name “Similac”. To complement the range of “Similac” infant formulae, the facility also manufactures a range of follow on formulae under the brand name of “Gain”. The essential ingredient is liquid skim milk and this is combined with carbohydrate, vegetable oils, vitamins and minerals. The product is blended, pasteurised, dried and packaged at the site and once packaged, is distributed to Europe, South East Asia, the Middle East, Latin America and Canada.
Established in 1975, Abbott Nutrition in Ireland is the largest powder manufacturing facility for the production of infant formulae within the Abbott Corporation worldwide.
Approximately 1,000 dairy farms in Ireland and Northern Ireland supply quality milk to the Cootehill facility which processes 500,000 litres per day. This secure supply together with Ireland’s reputation as a green, clean environment is of significant strategic importance to Abbott Nutrition.
We are now looking for a Packing Shift Co-ordinator on a fixed term contract and this position will include the following:
- Responsibility for reviewing all SOP’s for any job task he/she may carry out and ensure he/she fully understands and adheres to the SOP.
- Maintain plant safety at the highest level with a zero accident target and with immediate response and thorough investigation and corrective action for all hazardous occurrences and accidents.
- Constantly work to improve the compliance culture with respect to quality, housekeeping, cGMP and food safety requirements, utilizing plant systems such as CAPA and Teamcentre.
- Complete production paperwork including opening and closing work order documentation.
- Carry out complete review of Batch Files including sign off.
- Actively maintain the MCS system to ensure updated accordingly and further use and develop the system to optimize product flow and maintenance of inventory levels.
- Ensure effective implementation of the plant CAPA system. Play a key role in the investigation requirements for ERs in line with RUBRIC standard. Track all corrective actions/preventative action plans to ensure effectiveness and implementation to associated deadlines. Support the area when completing statistical sampling.
- Complete all plant audit readiness actions and support plant in all internal and external audits.
- Maintain, monitor and report key Quality & Manufacturing Key Performance Indicators. e.g. documentation errors, number of ERs for the area, BRFT.
- Support any Business Excellence projects and plant CIP target.
- In conjunction with your Manager monitor Performance versus Plan and Update. Take corrective action as necessary in order to meet financial targets for output, payroll and operating expenses.
- During validation activities and engineering studies, play a key role to ensure all actions are completed in line with validation plans.
- Participate in production teams and plant cross functional teams. Play an active and key role in plant projects.
- Support management of all materials and finished goods in compliance with established policies and practices.
- Support the department Idea Generation Programme and assess and report on actions required.
- Maintain all applicable records at required accuracy level and ensure documentation meets all Abbott and external regulatory body requirements
- Complete audits and walkabouts ensuring compliance to cGMP, Safety and Hygiene within the area. Monitor department conditions including temperature, access (security), pest controls and general housekeeping in line with policies and procedures.
- Support the manager, to develop and organise training and development for employees. Work with the manager to develop plans for employee learning and development and skills requirements. Support the Compliancewire system for all employees.
- In the absence of the Shift Manager, be responsible for scheduling the workload of the area to ensure production schedules are achieved in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, this includes efficient shift start up handover to next shift and driving performance to achieve site metrics, OEE, Quality, Safety, Financial etc.
- She/he must undertake any special arrangements, tasks or assignments as directed by your manager.
- Ensure that we produce, pack, and ship on a continuous and reliable basis the highest quality infant formula in the most efficient, safe and hygienic manner, in compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Maintain a positive employee relations atmosphere. Ensure that there is good communication and co-operation by encouraging knowledge sharing and open exchange of ideas within the Plant.
- Maintain good communication lines with all employees and departments
- This Job function will change where update procedures to GMP, EHS, Technical / New Equipment, Quality Procedures & SOP’s are made.
- This list of responsibilities may change depending on plant needs and employees are expected to be adaptable and flexible were this need arises.
- Due to the nature of the manufacturing environment, the successful candidate will need to be in a position to work all shift patterns as required, dependent on the needs of the business.
Employees on the shift or in the department during periods when the shift/department manager is unavailable.
- Minimum: Third Level Qualification preferably in a Dairy/Food Science, Business or Engineering related discipline or equivalent.
- Keen interest in furthering oneself and improving skills, education and knowledge of the business.
- It is desirable that the position holder will have a working knowledge of cGMP regulated environment and demonstrate good organizational and people management skills.
- Experience of manufacturing environment is essential
- Minimum 2 years technical experience preferably in Dairy Food or Pharmaceutical Industry.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Ability to evaluate and make decisions in order to achieve the department targets.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work with all employees to include Internal/External Customers.
- Ability to motivate and direct others.
- Strong level of flexibility to support shift cover and changing priorities.
- Strong level of computer skills and aptitude to changing technologies
- Good demonstration of the Abbott Leadership Competencies.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Evaluates quality problems and makes decision based on information available.
- Assesses areas/methods for improvement and decides on assistance necessary to implement these improvements
- Decides on schedule of activities taking into consideration priorities and product availability.
- Applies statistical techniques to assist in analysing issues.
- Good problem solving skills are essential for meeting compliance, quality, safety standards and manufacturing schedules
Discover why candidates choose a career at Abbott Ireland here
DIVISION:ANSC Nutrition Supply Chain
LOCATION:Ireland > Cootehill : Dromore West
WORK SHIFT:Ie - 38.0Hst2 (Ireland)
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Not Applicable