Role: Part Qualified - Financial Accountant
Location: Dublin City Centre
An opportunity has arisen for a part-qualified Financial Accountant to join a Re-Insurance company.
You will report directly to the Finance Manager and will be responsible for preparing statutory and regulatory reporting ensuring financial controls are operating efficiently along with managing the quarter end close for local and group reporting within the timeframes allowed.
- Preparation of the draft financial statements of all local entities;
- Involvement in the external audit process and ensuring that there are no issues in relation to audit sign-off;
- Participation in quarter end ledger close process for local and group reporting within agreed timeframes including the reconciliation of relevant balance sheet accounts;
- Preparation of the Solvency II Pillar III regulatory quarterly and annual quantitative reporting templates (QRTs), for submission to the Central Bank;
- Ensuring financial controls are operating efficiently with all reconciliations completed within agreed timeframes;
- Participate in ad hoc duties + projects as they present within the team.
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience in a similar role;
- Part-qualified ACCA - ACA;
- Experience in the Financial Services industry (preferably life assurance);
- Preparation or audit of Financial Statements experience;
- Regulatory reporting to the Central Bank of Ireland under Solvency II;
- Be efficient, with excellent attention to detail and ability to work to strict deadlines;
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal;
- Proficiency in SUN accounts and INFOR would be an advantage.