As a payroll Accountant you will be working within our Payroll Function as a part of the broader finance team. You will be liaising with HR as well as external payroll and pension providers to provide highest quality payroll service. You will be responsible for ensuring that payroll and pension contributions are processed, paid accurately and in a timely fashion while fully in accordance with tax and legislative requirements.
You will manage payroll process and be responsible for all payroll related postings to the general ledger as well as generation of all detail to drive and support overhead allocation for the Finance Team. You will also have the opportunity to initiate improvement projects with a continuous view to increase the efficiency of the function.
What you will be doing:
- Ensure that payroll is processed and paid for in excess of 500 employees across a number of entities and branches in Ireland and the UK on a monthly basis
- Ensure that all monthly and annual tax, pension and compliance requirements are met
- Maintain all static detail in the HRIS system to ensure that indirect overhead allocations are efficiently and accurately generated and that regulatory reporting requirements can be met
- Prepare and post all payroll related journals and accruals and perform all balance sheet reconciliations
- Ensure sufficient controls are in place and are implemented to capture monthly changes and that any difference are reconciled and explained.
- Schedule and lead payroll related meetings and presentations
- Provide timely and accurate reporting to internal and external auditors
- Create and maintain control documentation, process flows and procedures
- Drive efficiencies and process improvement
- Assist the accounting teams where required
- IPASS or Accounting Qualification as well as previous senior payroll experience
- Previous experience and responsibility for general ledger systems (Great Plains/ Dynamics Experience would be an advantage) and proven capability reporting and data analytics
- Strong attention to detail and ability to organize and work with large volumes of data
- Proven focus on continuous improvement
- Deadline driven and results focused
- Strong and confident communicator