Department: Client Services
Job title: Pension Support Team Leader
Reporting to: Pension Support, Director
- Develop an in-depth understanding of our pension product offering which includes SSAS, PRSAs, ARFs and Retirement Bonds.
- Manage the transfer process of pre and post retirement products.
- Oversee the timely completion of the annual compliance cycle for SSASs (Pre-renewal, Renewals, Trustee Annual Report, Member Benefit Statements & SORPS) together with monthly returns to Pensions Authority and the Central Bank of Ireland
- Resolving queries of a technical nature arising from our existing clients and internal client relationship teams.
- Ensuring compliance with the relevant pensions rules and legislation governing each of the pension product offerings.
- Regular communication and interaction with the Pensions Authority and Revenue Commissioners
- Production of QROPS return to HMRC
- Assume responsibility for project assignments.
- Preparation for Revenue or Pensions Authority audits.
- Provision of reporting to clients in line with regulatory requirements.
- Ongoing update and maintenance of membership records on pension administration platform
Training & Development of Team
- Manage resources of direct reports daily and ensure critical roles are always covered.
- Ensure inter-team training is continual for both staff developmental and operational needs.
- Participate in creation of Personal Development Plans for team, also in the Performance Appraisal process.
- Assist in the delegation of tasks among team members
- Excess of 8 years’ experience in the Pensions industry with a minimum of 2 years in a supervisory capacity
- QFA/Pensions qualification essential.
- Degree or master’s in business, Finance, Economics or a related discipline
- Strong technical pensions knowledge
- Thorough understanding of statutory compliance requirements.
- Ability to prioritise workloads and work to tight deadlines.
- A high level of problem-solving capability.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- An ability to work effectively within a team.
- A flexible positive attitude towards work