Our clients are market leaders in the Travel industry in their approach to business that is innovative, dynamic and professional.
We're looking for a PHP developer to join their team. This position will be responsible for all aspects of ongoing software development from the initial specification, through the full software development lifecycle and ongoing maintenance.
The company owns a bespoke, PHP based system, which is central to the ongoing success of the business, and has an extensive road map of development that is constantly evolving.
- A senior member of a team responsible for the development of back office system.
- Write code to a high standard, in a timely and scalable way.
- Ensure that code is well structured and documented in best practice.
- Assist in writing development specs to enhance the system and to allow for more efficient work practices.
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality
- Carry out bug fixes.
- Create a test environment and roll out rigorous user testing practices.
- Help with system hosting arrangements.
- Work closely with in house senior web developer to ensure that the back office system works seamlessly with our various customer facing websites.
- Assist senior management in evaluating and prioritising system enhancements.
Key skills required:
- 5+ years of software development experience in PHP.
- Proficient in Symfony or other similar framework
- Good knowledge of relational databases, version control tools and of developing web services.
- Passion for best design and coding practices and a desire to develop new bold ideas.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Web Development or a related subject.
- Excellent command of English is a prerequisite as is a visa to work in Ireland.
€45,000.00 - €60,000.00 per year