Do you have a proven track record in leading and motivating a team? Are you a natural problem solver with strong organisational skills? If you are a driven, and want to make an impact...this role may be for you ...
The Planning Manager is a key member of the Supply Chain Department who will lead a team of Production Planners who are responsible for planning worldwide supply of material from the Galway Facilities while optimising service and manufacturing efficiencies.
As we continue to grow there is huge opportunity for involvement in streamlining and automating the planning process using our ERP system.
The Role ......
Provides management and direction for the Production Planning process to meet the profitability goals of the division.
* Lead the Planning team to ensure they are engaged and high performing with a focus on problem solving and teamwork.
* Perform and manage complex planning projects to build on standardized planning processes, ensure Corporate alignment and inspire a culture of continuous improvement
* Manage S&OP activities that provide analysis which drive business decisions relative to improving service level, manufacturing efficiency and customer service
* Responsible for ERP and system operating parameters to optimize customer service and inventory costs
* Liaise closely with Customer Service to ensure customer orders are delivered on time and queries are responded to in a timely and agreed timeframe.
* Actively ensures that inventory control policy and procedures are being met and that productions planning methods are altered or adapted to meet inventory requirements.
* Leadership responsibilities to include interviewing, hiring, training, performance evaluation, assigning and coordinating work assignments, etc.
* Develop and maintain a positive work climate and the overall team effort of the department.
* Maintain a safe work environment and ensure that employees in area of responsibility are properly trained and follow safety procedures.
* Performs other related tasks, as required.
* Education equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree in Logistics, Business or a technical discipline
* A minimum of six years of responsible material's experience to include three years of related people management experience.
* Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with others as a member of a team.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to work as a member of a management team to accomplish organizational objectives and goals.
* Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word processing, database and other applicable software programs.
* Experience in development and operation of ERP systems. Oracle experience an advantage.
Merit Medical is an Equal Opportunities Employer
At Merit Medical, our mission is to create innovative medical devices that improve lives. Our goal is to hire and develop people who want to build something special through hard work, team effort, and commitment. Together, we are making a difference in the lives of patients around the world.
* Fulltime Permanent contract
* Attractive Salary package
* Defined Contribution Pension Plan
* Health Insurance Cover
* Life assurance
Health & Wellbeing Events Calendar
Excellent career progression opportunities
Internal training courses
Quality Subsidised Canteens & Barista Service
Active Sports and Social Club
We are Global
Merit Medical Galway commenced with 22 employees in 1993. Since then Merit has enjoyed year on year revenue growth and developed its workforce to over 900 employees. Headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, Merit maintains a diverse, multi-campus manufacturing footprint in Europe, North America, South America, Asia and Australia with a global distribution.
Medtech Company of the Year Winner
Merit Medical Galway are proud winners of the Medtech Company of the Year Award, a prestigious award recognizing those who are exceling in the MedTech industry
At Merit Medical Galway almost 60% of all roles are filled by internal employees! We focus on encouraging, believing in and providing a platform for you to progress your career!
A supportive and collaborative environment make Merit Medical a friendly, enjoyable place to work. We are proud of our energetic and dynamic culture. Diversity & Inclusion is evident here with an 50/50 ratio of male and female employees as well as 30 nationalities onsite! We value every employee as an individual.
To see more on our culture, go to www.merit.com/careers.
Day in the Life:
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Source : Merit Medical