Due to the pace of advancing technology, employee development, and a desire for continuous improvement excellence, there is an exciting opportunity for a Plant Manager to join a high-volume production site. The successful candidate will be responsible for the management, direction and coordination of the Production, Operations, and Quality Assurance championing overall Production excellence.
You will have a strong technical background and minimum of 8 years’ experience in a senior production/operational role, ideally with experience of sitting as part of the senior management team.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the Overall Operational Performance of the site.
- Manage manufacturing/production processes and provide innovative process improvements to existing products within a team environment.
- Lead a team of Production staff to drive improvements in quality standards.
- Developing and building a manufacturing team to support future growth and direction of the business
- Developing systems, procedures, processes, methodology, knowledge and training material
- Drive improvements in process trend analysis and product quality reporting.
- To set and then work within established budgets
- To develop key performance indicators and achieve business results
- To participate in strategic planning activities
- Staying current and up to date on technology advances and changes that may affect manufacturing development
- Educated to at least degree level, preferably in Mechanical/Production Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience, at a senior level, in a mid/high volume manufacturing environment.
- Experienced with Lean Tools and Methodology and developing quality systems
- Experience in use of problem solving techniques and application within a team environment.
- Good “can do” attitude and strong interpersonal skills to manage a team.
- Experienced in leading, managing, developing and building effective teams and training needs analysis
- An excellent communicator, with an ability to present data effectively both orally and in written format
For a confidential conversation and a more comprehensive position guide please contact Hannah FitzGibbon in confidence at 041 986 5058 or submit your CV through the link