Optum, the fast growing part of UnitedHealth Group, is a leading information and technology-enabled health services business. Our teams are dedicated to modernizing the health care system and improving the lives of people and communities.
Serving virtually every dimension of the health system, we work with a diverse set of clients across 150 countries – from those who diagnose and treat patients to those who pay for care, deliver health services, and those who supply the cures. Optum maintains operations across North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Our innovative partnerships provide technology and tools that enable unprecedented collaboration and efficiency. As a result, we can tap into valuable health care data to uncover insights and develop strategies for better care at lower costs.
- Design and implement innovative analytic solutions including anomaly detection, member profiling and population level prediction
- Management and delivery of scheduled and ad hoc reporting/analytics
- Work as part of a high functioning team with a flat hierarchy to rapidly develop new insights to inform business decisions
- Actively consult with business leaders and subject matter experts to ensure appropriate clinical and business content is incorporated into analytic deliveries
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand their analytical needs, contribute to shaping business solutions and communicate analytical results
- Design and deliver robust and scalable solutions in an automation ready state
- Provide status updates with senior leadership and stakeholders as needed
- Participate in the development of business strategy
You will be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role, as well as providing development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Significant experience in analytical and/or client reporting roles
- Expertise in SQL for data manipulation/modelling
- Expertise in Tableau/ other visualization tool
- Proficiency in MS Excel
- Experience in design and implementation of data science projects using languages such as R or Python
- Experience building and automating production-ready data pipelines
- Comfortable understanding and analyzing large volumes of data from disparate data sources
- Capable to work independently, with strong organizational, time management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to efficiently communicate data insights data through compelling visualizations and storytelling
- Ability to establish credibility and build relationships with technology and business colleagues
- Undergraduate degree in discipline with strong analytical focus (analytics, mathematics, statistics, engineering etc.)
- Experience in applying analytics/statistics to solving problems in an industry setting
- Experience working directly with clients/customer
- Aptitude to adapt to new technologies
- Experience in data product development
- Experience with healthcare data
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.SM
Here at Optum, part of United Health Group we'll put you in the driver's seat on vital projects that have strategic importance to our mission of helping people lead healthier lives. Yes, we share a mission that inspires. We need your organizational talents and business discipline to help fuel ours. It's the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Please note you must currently be eligible to work and remain indefinitely without any restrictions in the country to which you are making an application. Proof will be required to support your application.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
CitizenshipStatus: Not Applicable
Function: Data Analytics
BusinessSegment: Optum Operations
Division: Optum Operations RX Ireland
DeliveryModel: Platinum Plus
Shift: Day Job