Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
Microchip is looking to build and grow a first-class Research & Design centre for multiple highly skilled technical areas in the semiconductor market in Cork.
The Automotive Information Systems (AIS) BU of Microchip is building a highly skilled R&D group in Cork focusing on Analog, Digital and Communications areas. AIS has a broad portfolio of automotive networking products and has been a leader in the automotive space for more than 20 years.
AIS develops networking and related ICs for a broad range of applications ranging from 10 Mbps to 12.5 Gbps speed grades. AIS products are found in more than 250 car models. In addition to the automotive industry, AIS has several products in industrial market.
AIS has a global presence with teams in multiple locations. The AIS team in Cork will be working on low power networking ICs which will involve communication systems, analog and digital expertise. The products from Cork Design Centre team will be addressing the automotive and industrial markets. AIS has been a leader in several new technologies over the last 20 years and has been providing long lasting products in the rigorous automotive market. We place great emphasis on working right first-time design methodology and delivering on schedule.
- 10+ years of experience in digital/mixed signal and ASIC with experience in taking projects from architecture to mass production
- Responsible for high-speed and low power digital circuit design
- Participate in global team to develop communication mix-signal ASIC
- Work under system/top specification, develop next level spec and make sure system requirements are achieved
- RTL design, design verification, synthesis and DFT implementation.
- Participate in silicon validation and debug to verify the chip function and design.
- work experience in cross functional team environments
- Expertise in RTL coding with Verilog/System Verilog
- Knowledge in advanced IC develop flow that include Chip/Circuit Design, Integration, Verification and backend
- Good knowledge in high speed, asynchronous and low power circuit design.
- Familiar with function verification with Verilog/system verilog
- Familiar with UNIX script languages (Perl, Python, CSH, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills, teamwork contributor and excellent communication skills
- Take on other engineering duties as required and assigned
- Support in-house training programmes as required
- Decision-making, problem resolution and resourceful thinking skills.
- Highly energetic, motivated and self-starter
- Willing to work in an environment that allows initiative and requires flexibility
- Requires some international travel, with approximately 15 to 20%