Principal Software Engineer (.net) - contract
This role will be remote on the beginning and then candidates will have to be on the site in Limerick about 2-5 times/month.
This would be a 3 month contract but there is a huge possibility for extension!!!!
The successful candidate will:
- · Design, code, test, debug and document software according to company’s systems quality standards, policies and procedures.
- · Analyse business needs and creates software solutions.
- · Be responsible for preparing design documentation.
- · Prepare test data for unit, string and parallel testing.
- · Evaluate and recommends software and hardware solutions to meet user needs.
- · Resolve customer issues with software solutions and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
- · Work with business and development teams to clarify requirements to ensure testability.
- · Draft, revise, and maintain test plans, test cases, and automated test scripts.
- · Execute test procedures according to software requirements specifications
- · Log defects and makes recommendations to address defects.
- · Retest software corrections to ensure problems are resolved.
- · Document evolution of testing procedures for future replication.
- · conduct performance and scalability testing.
Principal Software Engineer will plan, conduct and lead assignments generally involving moderate, high budgets projects or more than one project.
The candidate will be managing user expectations regarding appropriate milestones and deadlines and will also assist in training, work assignment and checking of less experienced developers.
You are a subject matter expert in one or more technical programming and you perform and work on the highest level of problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. You are able to identify, recommend and implement changes to enhance the effectiveness of quality assurance strategies.
- Build Microsoft Stack eCommerce software on an enterprise scale.
- Build, Test, and Deploy new features rapidly with the highest quality.
- Continually push for technical excellence to deliver the best in class tools for our customers.
- Work in an Agile, TDD, XP environment to collaborate with your team and across a giant organization.
- Extensive experience working in Enterprise software development or a related field.
- Excellent practical and theoretical knowledge of ASP.Net stack technologies -C#, MVC, Web API, Entity Framework, SQL Server, noSQL database.
- Good working knowledge of distributed systems, messaging technologies and cloud-based systems including microservice and SOA-based architecture.
- Experience and knowledge of working in an Agile/Scrum, TDD, XP driven project.
- Must have a drive to continually improve themselves and others within the team.