At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Abbott in Ireland
In Ireland, Abbott employs more than 3,200 people across 11 sites. Abbott has six manufacturing facilities located in Clonmel, Cootehill, Donegal, Longford and Sligo and a third-party manufacturing management operation in Sligo. It has commercial operations in Dublin and shared services in Dublin and Westport. Abbott serves the Irish market with a diverse range of health care products including diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic pharmaceuticals. Abbott has been operating in Ireland since 1946.
Abbott Ireland Nutrition Division – Cootehill
Abbott Nutrition in Cootehill manufactures infant nutritional products for the export markets. The facility is dedicated to providing products of the highest quality standard to its customers.
Abbott Nutrition produces a range of infant formulae in all pack sizes under the brand name “Similac”. To complement the range of “Similac” infant formulae, the facility also manufactures a range of follow on formulae under the brand name of “Gain”. The essential ingredient is liquid skim milk and this is combined with carbohydrate, vegetable oils, vitamins and minerals. The product is blended, pasteurised, dried and packaged at the site and once packaged, is distributed to Europe, South East Asia, the Middle East, Latin America and Canada.
Established in 1975, Abbott Nutrition in Ireland is the largest powder manufacturing facility for the production of infant formulae within the Abbott Corporation worldwide.
Approximately 1,000 dairy farms in Ireland and Northern Ireland supply quality milk to the Cootehill facility which processes 500,000 litres per day. This secure supply together with Ireland’s reputation as a green, clean environment is of significant strategic importance to Abbott Nutrition.
We are now looking for Principle Projects Manager and this position will include the following:
Primary Function / Goals / Objectives
• Follow all Health and Safety Rules and Regulations in the plant.
• Maintain plant safety at the highest level with a zero accident target and with immediate response and thorough investigation and corrective action for all hazardous occurrences and accidents.
• It is important that GMP is a main priority in any operation carried out in this job function.
• The Principle Projects Engineer is responsible for consulting any SOP’s for any job task he/she may carry out and ensure they fully understand and adhere to the SOP.
• Implements a staffing plan by identifying resource requirements, writing justifications for additional personnel, obtaining approval for changes and co-ordinating the selection process with human resources.
• Develop direct reports by securing appropriate training, assigning progressively challenging tasks, applying progressive disciplinary action as appropriate and conducting formal written and verbal performance reviews.
• Monitors daily work operations and provides direction and guidance to lower – level managers, experienced employees to achieve project goals.
• Interacts with internal and external customers, by meeting regularly, responding to requests and explaining procedures.
• Interprets and executes policies that affect work processes and personnel within the assigned organisation unit.
• Monitors compliance with company policies and procedures.
• Monitors internal and external indicators by reviewing reports and organisation literature, meeting with peers and reading departmental reports.
• Contributes to the development and monitoring of area budget through regular analysis of cost and spending.
• Participates in validation activity. Role may vary between providing input to owning activities such as protocol/report writing and managing execution of validation activities.
• This job function will change where update procedures to GMP, EHS, Technical/New Equipment, Quality procedures and SOPs are made.
• Direct responsibility of the manufacturing organisation to facilitate efficient operations within the production area, to optimise human resources, existing processes, and to ensure that production goals are met.
Monitors performance of equipment, machines and tool and corrects equipment problems or process parameters that produce non-conforming products, low yields or product quality issues.
Interfaces with technical organisation to integrate new products or processes into the existing manufacturing area.
• Provides direction and guidance to managers, experienced technical individuals, evaluates performance of and assists in career development planning for subordinates.
• Required: National Framework of Qualification (Level 7 qualification) in Business, Science, Food Technology or Engineering with 7+ years’ experience in manufacturing leadership role. Preferred: Advanced Degree / Masters in Business, Science, Food Technology or Engineering. Greenbelt / Blackbelt certified.
Technical / Business Knowledge
• Monitors progress of individuals, teams, managers or technical individuals towards departmental goals, monitoring costs of projects and compliance to related regulations.
• Develops and/or identifies new work processes and the improved utilisation of human and material resources within the department or related departments, to ensure continuous improvement; investigates and solves problems that impact work processes and personnel within the department or related departments.
Influence / Leadership
• Promotes the attainment of group goals by selecting, motivating and training capable staff. Provides leadership to department by communicating and providing guidance towards achieving group objectives.
Planning / Organisation
• Schedules human and material resources within a group in conjunction with near term plans to ensure availability; carries out operations within an established budget.
• Work under minimum supervision. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
Discover why candidates choose a career at Abbott Ireland here
DIVISION:ANSC Nutrition Supply Chain
LOCATION:Ireland > Cootehill : Dromore West
WORK SHIFT:Ie - 38.0Hst0 (Ireland)
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)