To provide a new product introduction and process development service to manufacturing operations in Processing, Tabletting and Packaging. This includes the introduction of new products, materials and technologies; the discovery of process improvement opportunities and the re-development of legacy processes to increase productivity, reduce manufacturing costs and eliminate quality defects. This position requires the delivery of a timely and cost effective process engineering service of the highest possible quality with enthusiasm, resilience, honesty and a strong team ethic. The position is based in the Manufacturing Sciences Department.
- You will lead a cross-functional team during technical transfers and new product introduction (NPI) projects in accordance with a pre-approved project plan, schedule and current project management best practice. Ensure that critical manufacturing systems and support structures are in place for major technology transfer and NPI projects and provide technical advice on process engineering requirements as needed.
- Project manage the technical transfers to ensure a smooth transition;
- The Process Development Engineer will execute early stage feasibility, technical, process optimisation and process validation studies;
- Liaise with the Engineering Process Support Team to identify process improvement opportunities for legacy products. Propose and implement sustainable solutions to reduce processing times, improve yield, reduce defects and eliminate waste;
- Identify cost-effective opportunities for the introduction of best-in-class manufacturing technologies. Design and introduce these technologies to manufacturing operations;
- Review Change Records and Risk Assessments to assess potential process and validation impact;
- Provide regular progress updates on projects and activities within and beyond the Manufacturing Sciences Team
- Degree qualified in a Science or Engineering discipline
- The next Process Development Engineer should have 3 - 5 years’ experience as a Process Engineer with Pharmaceutical industry and New Product Introduction project experience;
- Operations, process / technical support, projects or validation-based experience of oral solid dosage manufacturing processes an advantage;
- Experience with technical transfers for pharmaceutical products an advantage.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.