Process Engineer Dairy / Food / Pharma
Our client, a major supplier of manufacturing plant and engineering services to the Manufacturing sector, is currently recruiting for a Process Engineer to join their excellent Engineering department. This is permanent role with a multi-national firm. This role will be based in Kildare, and also on client sites, so flexibility to travel is important.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Manage enquiries from initial Sales enquiry to cost calculation and quotation text
- Communication with leads [Automation, Electrical, CAD] during enquiries and projects
- Manage projects through all project life cycle phases.
- Ensure engineers follow standard processes and procedures.
- Become familiar with current health and safety regulations in Ireland
- Promote a culture of trust, communication, accountability, recognition and development on an individual and team basis.
- Should have a minimum of a third level degree in a relevant engineering discipline
- Should have knowledge of hygienic design and CIP design principles
- Should have knowledge of common process equipment i.e. hygienic valves, instruments, pumps, heat exchangers, centrifuges, homogenisers.
- Should have knowledge of process flow design and P&ID design and development
- Should have knowledge of equipment layout drawing preparation and reviewing
- Familiarity with automation and electrical controls would be an advantage.
- Familiarity with design reviews, HAZOPs and design risk assessments would be an advantage
- Familiarity with industry design standards e.g. EHEDG, CE directives, would be an advantage
- Must have a good understanding of key process operations such as mass transfer [pumping] and heat transfer
- Familiarity with the key steps of project execution – planning, design, budgeting, purchasing, installation and commissioning.
- Must have a full drivers licence and be willing to travel, in Ireland or internationally, for extended periods.
- Proficient in Office software – Word, Excel, Project and Powerpoint
- Good presentation skills.
For more information please call Keith on 01 4663983 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Bonus, pension etc