IPS is hiring! We are looking for a talented Process Engineer to join our industry leading Engineering team at our newest EMEA office located in Dublin, Ireland.
The Process Engineer assignments include specific tasks on project teams and they should use their education, creativity and expertise to resolve engineering problems and tasks as assigned. However, more experienced staff will always be available to help the Engineer when needed.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Makes calculations, using chemical or bioprocess engineering formulas and skills for design such as mass balance, process control, process flow and equipment sizing.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents.
- Layout portions of production and piping systems or branch circuitry based on schematic layout by Project Designer/Engineer.
- Creates specialized drawings such as production system isometrics and piping & instrumentation diagrams.
- Selects equipment based on recommendations of Project Designer/Engineer and develop equipment schedules.
- Provides drawing for own designs and produces sketches to incorporate in drawings by CAD designers.
- Researches design options and document findings for Project Designer/Engineer.
- Provides information to Project Designer/Engineer for incorporation into specifications.
- Reviews shop drawings.
- Researches code issues and asks general questions of code officials.
- Organizes and maintains project files. Maintains a neat and organized work area which allows efficient access to information required by other team members.
- Assures that drawings and designs are in accordance with company production and design standards.
- Keeps Project Manager informed of work load and any changes in project scope or additional services.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Previous engineering/design experience.
- Bachelors of Engineering Degree in Chemical, Bioprocess or Biomanufacturing Engineering from an accredited university.
- Proven skills in computer operation for engineering design programs and computer aided drafting.
- General knowledge of industrial process system design and applicable regulatory codes for pharmaceutical, drug and/or medical device manufacturing.
- Completion of the Engineering-in-Training exam is encouraged.
IPS-Integrated Project Services is a global leader in developing innovative and cost effective solutions for the engineering, construction, commissioning and qualification of complex pharmaceutical and biotech research and manufacturing facilities. With technical expertise spanning R&D to pilot-scale to large-scale production, our team specializes in the technology, trends and regulatory environment to successfully deliver capital projects and improve operations. For over twenty years, we have applied unique LEAN methodologies throughout the project life cycle, continually finding ways to do things better and more efficiently, delivering higher quality and controlling costs. Headquartered in Blue Bell, PA, IPS is a multi-national company with over 1,000 professionals worldwide and offices in California, Indiana, Kansas, Massachusetts, New Jersey, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Brazil, Canada, China, Singapore, Switzerland, UK and four locations in India. Visit our website at www.ipsdb.com.
Process Architecture, Process Design, Engineering, Construction, Commissioning, Qualification, LEAN Project Delivery, Strategic Master Planning, Energy Conservation Management, Project Controls, Program/Project Management, Operations/Logistics Strategy and Planning, EPCMV and Staffing Services.
IPS is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer of protected veterans (M/F/D/V).
Attention Search Firms / Third Party Recruiters: IPS is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment opportunities with IPS. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at IPS via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at IPS in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for a specific position will be deemed the sole property of IPS, and no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by IPS as a result of the referral or through other means.