Req ID: 43598
Celestica Galway are currenty seeking a Process Engineer for a 2 Year Fixed Term contract. Join an exciting team of Engineers & work in a leading Automated Manufacturing Site.
Celestica enables the world's best brands. Through our unrivalled customer-centric approach, we partner with leading companies in aerospace and defense, communications, enterprise, healthtech, industrial, capital equipment, and smart energy to deliver solutions for their most complex challenges. With talented teams across North America, Europe and Asia, we imagine, develop and deliver a better future with our customers.
Celestica Ireland has sites in Galway and Leixlip and are a leader in automated manufacturing services with proven expertise in delivering scalable manufacturing solutions throughout the product lifecycle.
Celestica Galway supports and provides Automated Technology Solutions & Health tech solutions for a number of customers including in the Medical Device space.
This Position offers a great opportunity for a Process Engineer to work in a dynamic and challenging environment. You will be responsible for, and involved in, process development, troubleshooting, maintenance and continuous improvement of the production process and equipment in the manufacturing area. The successful candidate will work closely with the operations, technical and quality teams to drive projects to continually improve the line performance as well as solution and provide input to new business opportunities.
This role could support a number of customers across the business in the Automated Technology Solutions & Healthtech (Medical Device) markets.
This role will report to the Engineering Manager.
- Monitors the performance of equipment, machines and tools, resolving equipment issues or improving process parameters that produce non-conforming products, low yields or product quality issues.
- Manages the maintenance and calibration of critical equipment-systems.
- Interfaces with cross functional teams and external vendors to integrate new products, processes and technologies into the existing manufacturing area.
- Works alongside a project team of other manufacturing engineers to develop and execute reliable, cost effective and high quality manufacturing solutions for moderately-complex products from new product introduction through end of lifecycle.
- Supports and takes ownership of continuous improvement processes for production areas using Lean Six Sigma approach.
- Creates, executes, co-ordinates and contributes to the design of experiments, test methods, protocols, specifications and validation documentation (IQ/OQ/PQ) and supports the development and execution of qualification trials / characterisation studies
- Manages numerous projects, generates project plans and works with project teams to drive completion and success.
- Assists in the development of automated solutions for NPI programs including new business development opportunities.
- Supports the qualification of engineering change management.
- Experience using engineering tools and software packages to design and automate manufacturing processes.
- Experience creating CAPA, FMEA, SOP’s, Control Plans and performing validation (FAT, SAT, IQ, OQ, PQ).
- Using detailed analysis, modelling and methodologies to validate manufacturing process and tooling design and specifications.
- Ability to effectively communicate manufacturing plans, proposals, and results, and negotiate options at management levels.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills.
- Strong report writing & data analytical capabilities.
- Advantageous to have knowledge of the medical device industry and of 21 CFR, (820, 11), ISO13485, specifically in the areas of Change Control and Validation.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a Process Engineering role
- Primary Degree in an Engineering/Science discipline.
- Experience in ISO13485 medical device manufacturing environment is desirable.
- Experience in a highly automated manufacturing environment is desirable.
Celestica (NYSE, TSX: CLS) is a US$5.6 billion global leader in the delivery of end-to-end product lifecycle solutions. Our customers trust us to deliver the most advanced design, engineering and manufacturing expertise for their highly sophisticated and complex products. From advanced medical devices, to highly engineered aviation systems, to next-generation hardware solutions for the Cloud, at Celestica we manage the complexity for our customers and set the bar for quality and reliability in their markets. Our customer portfolio includes leaders in the enterprise computing, communications, aerospace and defense, industrial, smart energy, healthtech and semiconductor markets. Headquartered in Toronto, our global network spans 13 countries with 26,000 employees throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia.
Job Segment:Process Engineer, Engineer, Business Development, Aerospace Engineering, Medical Device Engineer, Engineering, Sales