Cpl is looking for a Procurement Manager to join a Irish state body in the public sector based in Dublin.
The successful person will be responsible for leading and developing the procurement function, delivering cost effective and proactive procurement services.
- Be a strategic partner to the various business teams for all procurements
- Build and maintain positive and effective relationships, providing in-depth professional advice on sourcing strategy and the application of relevant policies, guidelines and legislation
- Be responsible for the alignment of business units’ goals and objectives, ensuring that current and future requirements are delivered in an efficient, timely and cost-effective manner
- Develop, implement and maintain the Corporate Procurement Plan with the Director of Corporate Services.
- Develop, implement and maintain a contract register to provide oversight for procured contracts including the preparation of reports on the status of contracts for relevant business units
- Ensure procurement processes are compliant with all relevant policies, guidelines and legislation and that they are fit for purpose with respect to objectives including a comprehensive understanding of Irish and EU public procurement rules, guidelines and regulations
- Provide expertise and input into contract negotiations and complex sourcing strategies
- Provide expertise and assistance across on vendor management
- Provide a corporate quality control function on all aspects of procurement
- Design a process to carry out reviews of tendering processes and of the delivery of individual tender processes in order to develop effective and compliant procurement practices
- Expertise across tender development, tender evaluation and contract awards processes
- 5 years’ experience an equivalent procurement role within a large public sector environment
- Professional certification in procurement (IIPM, CIPS or equivalent) is required
- Proven track record of professional and successfully negotiated outcomes in area of public procurement
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, but with particular reference on written communication
- Previous experience of applying stringent compliance standards at all stages of public procurement procedures and managing the execution and documentation of tender processes.
- Experience of eTenders and a good understanding of contract structures
- Proficient in MS packages, databases and SharePoint portals
- Full Irish Driver’s license
*Excellent salary and package on offer
For more details please call Tim Clifford in the strictest of confidence on 016146095 or send your cv to Tim.Clifford@cpl.ie