Please note – this position offers remote working in the UK or Ireland. The role can also be located in London, Dublin or Letterkenny.
Optum, the fast-growing part of UnitedHealth Group, is a leading information and technology-enabled health services business. Our teams are dedicated to modernizing the health care system and improving the lives of people and communities.
Serving virtually every dimension of the health system, we work with a diverse set of clients across 150 countries – from those who diagnose and treat patients to those who pay for care, deliver health services, and those who supply the cures. Optum maintains operations across North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Our innovative partnerships provide technology and tools that enable unprecedented collaboration and efficiency. As a result, we can tap into valuable health care data to uncover insights and develop strategies for better care at lower costs.
About the role:
The Product Marketing Manager for Employee Assistance Program and WorkLife products will be responsible for working as a strategic partner on the product team, developing, implementing market and communications strategies that help drive the success of the business’ product portfolio. The role will focus on collaborating across stakeholder teams to deliver effective support to market and sales solutioning activities including the product portfolio message, supporting the response process to key accounts and complex RFP’s, and partnering with product development on the message and brand of the product capabilities in compliance with Optum brand standards. This role will serve as the key product representative for market and sales solutioning efforts, both internally and externally in client and market-facing capacities. This role also serves as a product portfolio subject matter expert (SME), in responding to exception requests and pricing requests.
- Promote product vision and strategy through communications channels and across stakeholders and partners
- Define communication solutions with high-value requirements, a compelling business case, clear product positioning, priority and strategic impact
- Know the market to effectively identify and frame new product opportunities
- Partner with stakeholders to enable successful development and delivery of commercialized solution communications
- Demonstrate understanding of the portfolio strategy, market needs, integration points with other Optum products and key questions to be answered at each stage of the product lifecycle
- Understand how product portfolio is operationalized in order to proactively recommend viable solutions that can be successfully implemented
- Serve as the product portfolio champion and subject matter expert for business and functional partners
- Tell the story of the product both internally and externally; Provide subject matter expertise; support market and sales meetings to offer expertise
- Consistently analyze internal and external networks, and build strategic relationships based on current and future business needs
- Interpret and use the analyses to inform and recommend product strategy across the product lifecycle
- Facilitate decision-making process across teams; seek input from others to identify and analyze options, selecting a course of action based on best fit with desired outcomes
- Represent the product portfolio at conferences and industry forums
- Perform all other projects and responsibilities as required
You will be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role, as well as providing development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Management or Business Administration
- Extensive marketing and communication experience in a client facing role
- Strong leadership and stakeholder management skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with the ability to multi-task and think outside of the box and understand complex organizational processes and programs
- Ability to prioritise workloads and work in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to manage ambiguous situations
- Good understanding of methods to gather market insights and analyse competitive landscapes through partnership with market research and/or direct participation in key activities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, speaking and writing clearly and positively
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Ability to present the product story effectively and concisely through PowerPoint and other channels.
- Exceptional writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Ability to problem solve and be solution driven
- Healthcare industry experience
- Experience with employee assistance programs, or similar benefit programs
Key locations: UK, Ireland, London, Dublin, Letterkenny
Please note you must currently be eligible to work and remain indefinitely without any restrictions in the country to which you are making an application. Proof will be required to support your application.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
CitizenshipStatus: Other Visa Accepted
Function: Capability Management
BusinessSegment: Optum Consumer Solutions Group
Division: Prevention - EAP
DeliveryModel: Platinum Plus
Shift: Day Job