Due to expansion an excellent opportunity has become available for an experienced Product Owner to work with a leading global company with focus on innovation in manufacturing based in Cork.
A Product Owner will work with cross-functional software development teams in a challenging and rewarding professional environment for cutting edge software development.
A Product Owner is responsible for one to many products and reports to Product Owner Function Manager with regards personnel management, performance management and career development.
- Understand and contribute to the product vision and product road-map planning.
- Communicate product vision to the team.
- Work with product stakeholders and development team to determine the MVP per product release.
- Create and maintain the product backlog for the product.
- Prioritise the product backlog to ensure work focuses on items with maximum value and are aligned with the product vision.
- Decompose high-level requirements into workflows, stories, epics and themes so they can be clearly understood by the development teams.
- Perform market research, competitor analysis and understand users, market and domain as necessary to support development
- Provide product subject matter expertise and leadership.
- Work with the development team to drive usability of the product via brain storming design meetings, usability testing and prototypes.
- Act as an ambassador for the product internally and is the primary contact for queries related to the product and its features.
- Active contributor to the best practice PO function striving for and achieving higher standards of individual and team performance.
- Reporting to Product Stakeholders\Business decision makers.
- Mentoring and guiding and delegation of tasks to Area Product Owners as necessary.
What’s required to do the job:
Professional Scrum Product Owner Certification PSPO I
3+yrs Professional Product Owner or Product Management experience in a high tech industry
- Expert knowledge of responsible product and its features
- Knowledge of the automation business domain and automation engineering lifecycle including customer applications and workflows
- Knowledge of SDLC methodologies and experience working with Agile & Lean development practices such as Scrum
- Ability to write effective user stories
- Effective User story mapping
- Usability Testing skills
- Planning skills
- Good knowledge of prioritization techniques and practices
- Facilitation skills
- You know how to collaborate and contribute effectively to a Scrum Team
- Clearly communicate the business requirements and product vision to the team
- Prioritizing, ordering and grooming the features in the backlog before sprint
- Support the Scrum Master organise sprint review meetings
- Attend and contribute to sprint planning meetings
- Shares and communicates feedback effectively
- Giving feedback to the development team
- Build and maintain a relationship with the stakeholders, Scrum Master and development team
- Exchanging and learning through other Product Owners in the organization through the PO Best Practice Club to ensure consistency of products and common usability and look and feel
- Ensuring PO guidelines and process is up to date
Please contact Leonie Gleeson on 0214221000 to discuss in full confidence