Product Safety Manager
This will be a market surveillance, product compliance and enforcement unit with legal and technical capabilities
Reporting into a Senior Manager key responsibilities for this role will include:
- Establishing the strategy, recruitment and leading this new and dedicated Product Safety division.
- Develop and drive a comprehensive risk-based product safety and national surveillance strategy consistent with relevant legislation
- Monitor and control the entry of relevant products into the market through engagement with relevant parties including manufacturers, distributors, customs authorities etc
- Carry out product evaluations and risk assessments
- Managing consultants, advisors and other resources to deliver projects
The successful candidate will have
- Third level degree in regulation, law, engineering, compliance or other relevant area.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a regulatory, compliance and/or enforcement area
- A proven track record in leading people and managing the delivery of complex projects.
- Experience of engaging and managing external resources
- Ideally a knowledge of current and emerging radio communication technologies
- Excellent communication, networking and influencing skills
- Ideally experience of risk management and risk-based enforcement
- Ideally experience in the preparation and progression of formal enforcement actions and legal cases for prosecution in the courts
- Familiarity with national and EU Institutions, regulatory environment and/or experience in the application of EU directives and regulations
- Project Management experience.
To obtain more information and a full job spec for this role please contact Clodagh D’Arcy on 087 347 0221 or email details to Clodagh.firstname.lastname@example.org