My client is a well known Waterford multination with and excellent reputation! There is now an opportunity for a Production Manager to join the organization and work with an experienced production team! As the Production Manager, your role involves the planning, coordination and control of manufacturing processes. You will ensure that goods and services are produced efficiently and that the correct amount is produced at the right cost and level of quality.
- Manage production and the introduction of new technology through team leadership.
- Conduct Standard Work for managers. Monitor standard work for Team Leads and operators.
- Train and Participate in work place innovation, Align to tier management system.
- Responsible for the production activities including, PPI, Yields, Downtime, Quality Metrics and the utilization of machinery & human resources.
- Initiate changes to work practices and procedures.
- Provide a high level of technical competence and leadership to the shift to ensure that operational issues are identified and managed to achieve challenging KPI's and higher operational performance.
- Promotion of decision making at operative & technician level through effective development and fostering of a strong team working culture.
- Promote a quality culture and act to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements including FDA and cGMP.
- Conduct and manage performance appraisals for operators and identify and implement appropriate training & development plans.
- Execute communications within the unit and to other departments within the company.
- Plan and manage team members attendance, timekeeping.
- Establish and maintain high standards in relation to Environmental Health & Safety work practice.
- Meet budgetary targets set in relation to output and spend.
- Ensure compliance with manufacturing SOPs, Gowning up and other PPE policies, hygiene and EHS procedures at all times.
- Participate fully in all GMP training programs as identified and complete all Training Records in an accurate and timely manner.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree qualification, preferably in a technical discipline is desirable.
- Previous supervisory management experience in a manufacturing environment complying with FDA, cGMP requirements is essential (unionized environments preferred).
- Advanced leadership skills to build and motivate the process team by providing clear direction and facilitation.